k.th ↠ stakeout

STAKEOUT

-------------- ★ --------------

Author's Note

Taehyung (V) x Reader

c. 5,000 words

★ Taehyung is sick of being hounded by the paparazzi. So what will happen when he spots the same girl sat in her car outside his apartment every day with a pair of binoculars - especially when that girl is so dazzlingly sexy?

mature content warning

-------------- ★ --------------

"No matter who tries to stop me, I will go on my way

"No matter who tries to stop me, I will go on my way."

- Kim Taehyung, Jump

-------------- ★ --------------

Taehyung was sick of it.

He glanced out of his apartment window, his breath forming moist clouds on the glass as he furrowed his brow. The car hadn't moved since the last time he looked, and neither had its occupant.

Sometimes he wished he could step out of his life for just a second, into one where absolutely nobody knew his name. He had made some of his wildest dreams come true and lived a fairytale life, but with that life came a spotlight he couldn't seem to escape.

He had already had his fill of the limelight this month. Since the story broke about his alleged closeness with another idol, the media had been pestering him at every turn, following him to work, to restaurants, even to the gym, although he wasn't sure what they were expecting to gain, since the story was false.

Still, the increased pressure on him not to slip up, not to be photographed with anyone in the wrong place at the wrong time, was draining him. He didn't want it to ruin anything, didn't want to put anyone he cared about in danger.

Most of the time, he tried to ignore it. But something about this one woman in particular was riling him up like never before.

Was she press? Was she just an obsessive fan? He didn't know. The business-like manner with which she held the binoculars suggested maybe a journalist... but some of the fans were so experienced in following him around, she could just as easily be a sasaeng.