m.yg ↠ assassin

debated posting this tomorrow, but figured the yoongi stans have waited long enough... 💜

ASSASSIN

-------------- ★ --------------

Author's Note:

★ assassin!Yoongi x assassin!Reader

★ 5,000 words

★ mature content warning

★ triggers: choking, mild violence

-------------- ★ --------------

"The you I used to know is gone and the me you used to know is gone

"The you I used to know is gone and the me you used to know is gone."

- Min Yoongi

-------------- ★ --------------

There was very little wriggle room in the vent, but it didn't bother her.

She slid silently on her stomach, pulling herself further into the vent space until she could see into the dimly lit room below her. The drop was a solid ten feet, but the coast seemed to be clear. Any noise she made as she hit the floor would go unheard by anyone else in the building. That is, if she even made a noise.

They didn't call her the Phantom for nothing.

As quietly as she could, she reached down and thumbed the pearl-handled knife she kept in her upper pocket. The familiar feel of the metal comforted her, as did the presence of the holstered gun pressed against her upper thigh. Just knowing she had her weapons was like a safety blanket. With these, she was virtually unstoppable.

Nearby noise made her freeze. She held her breath, waiting. But it was just passing footsteps in the corridor.

The mansion had been easy enough to break into; distract a security guard out front with some made up commotion, and then slip into a vent when he wasn't looking. The downside, however, was that a mafia boss' headquarters was always going to be crawling with criminals - not ideal for carrying out an assassination.

Not that she really had a choice - it was highly unlikely that she would ever have been able to get her target fully alone.

But no matter. She loved a challenge, after all.