k.sj ↠ play the part

PLAY THE PART

for livelikeagolden and sunnycat1812

-------------- ★ --------------

Author's Note:

actor!Jin x actress!Reader

c. 6,000 words

in which you hate your self-obsessed co-star, especially when he's cast as your love interest.

mature content warning

-------------- ★ --------------

"When I'm with you, there is no one else

"When I'm with you, there is no one else."

- Kim Seokjin, The Astronaut

-------------- ★ --------------

"Aaaaand cut!"

You let out a deep exhale, trying to quell the nerves that were still swirling in your stomach. Behind the bright lights and cameras that inhibited your vision, you could see the director and producer liaising with their assistants, presumably discussing your performance.

The swirling quickened.

Admittedly, this role was out of your comfort zone. It was, by far, the biggest audition you had managed to land since graduating drama school two years ago. Since then you'd been in a lot of local network shows and a few Netflix series that flopped, and honestly, you were starting to lose hope.

Then came the call for this film. At first when your agent had rung to tell you that he'd got you an audition for an independent film being shot in Seoul, you hadn't gotten your hopes up too quickly.

"Another indie film?" you sighed, trying not to sound ungrateful. Your agent was just doing his job, after all. But you desperately wanted to break into the mainstream, and more independent films were unlikely to get you there.

"Yeah, but it's not just any indie film," your agent, Hoseok, had informed you. "It's an independent period romance, some enemies-to-lovers plot-line that the audience will eat up. Princess falls in love with the palace chef. Oh, and did I mention? Kim Namjoon is directing it."