k.nj ↠ here all along

HERE ALL ALONG

for excuse-me-sir

-------------- ★ --------------

Author's Note:

Namjoon (RM) x Reader

bffs to lovers

7,000 words

in which a crush on your best friend's brother goes awry at a party...

★ mature content warning

-------------- ★ --------------

"Baby stop playing hard to get, c'mon show me what you got

"Baby stop playing hard to get, c'mon show me what you got."

- Kim Namjoon, Look Here

-------------- ★ --------------

"Did you seriously finish that paper already?" you asked your best friend, eyes wide in disbelief.

Namjoon smiled a huge dimpled grin and raised his hands in self-surrender. "I guess I'm just too good."

You smacked him lightly on the arm for his mock arrogance, but he shrugged it off with a chuckle, his dark hair falling in front of his eyes messily, and you noted for the first time that he seemed to be growing it out.

The two of you were currently holed up in your favourite coffee shop on campus, trying to finish a literature paper for tomorrow. Well, you were trying to finish it. Your entirely perfect best friend had apparently finished it days ago, and not told you.

Being friends with a smart-ass like Namjoon meant two things. One, you constantly came in second place. Even though you were smart, and dedicated, you had to admit that Namjoon was just too good. He worked harder than anyone else at everything - even hitting the gym harder than most - too driven by his crazy work ethic to quit.

But you were fine with that. Namjoon wasn't ever cocky or vain about it, and he was your best friend in the entire world. He had been since the first day you sat down next to each other in class, realising you liked all of the same books and artists. You'd been inseparable since then, realising you had befriended the nicest, most humble guy in class, and never letting him go.