chapter 27

The camping was very successful and everyone enjoyed their time. A lot of pictures and video clips were taken from the games and were shown at the billboard in the hall during their gathering.

Everyone was laughing their eyes out at every epic scene that was captured.

Once the gathering ended. They did a final roll call and talked about the second semester. Encouraging everyone to do more for guaranteed rewards like camping.

Once all the topics were all announced. Everyone was told to go back to their rooms to get rest and be back for their classes after lunch. Morning classes had been canceled.

After the six boys got into their room, they wouldn't stop teasing the youngest after Jamie caught them making out that night. The marks were also evidence.

He could only hide his red face and turn his back on them while they kept teasing him.

They had to leave the room separately for lunch and the couple would keep throwing sneaky glances at each other which was very obvious to those who knew about them.

And since it is the second semester. They got new subjects this time and two of which happens to be bringing them to a joint class. Annabelle is so happy about it.

She and Rasmus sat at the very end. They're both exceptionally tall so it didn't matter. While Mei and Steel sat beside them.

Every time they have class together. Rasmus and Annabelle would play with each other's hand while listening to the lectures. 

They still keep it lowkey so no one would expect and Annabelle had to keep herself from smiling all the way.

The four being in class together also made it easier and they didn't need to bother hiding during their group studies. Others just think that Rasmus and Steel are always top in the class and the two are trying to improve their grades for their reputation. So they don't get to be the topics that much.

Annabelle and Mei eventually became busy with their private schedules. Even their own roommates. 

Annabelle and Mei both filed a leave because they needed to go to a fashion show world tour. It was gonna take a while to come back. Monina and Xin are sometimes in classes but they also join practice for the marathon and swimming team.

Ross and Luna on the other hand still come to school but they don't stay until lunch because the two were both chosen to be the face of the coming national sportsfest and they had to attend lots of interviews to give DU the exposure it needed.

Jamie and Cayden had to file a leave too after they were both recruited to participate at a show to showcase their skills. Cullen was supposed to join Jamie instead but he needed to focus for the upcoming basketball championship.

The basketball team was barely attending classes just to perfect their team and Cullen was never seen serious until every practice. But what made them more busy is that Jairo and Cullen also needed to practice for their marathon and Wan for the swimming team.

It's all coming together at once because the national sportsfest is days away and they won't have any free time at all until it is over.

Steel and Rasmus spend their time together and would video call Ross or Annabelle whenever they get a free time. It also became quiet in the room and Steel had grown exhausted, he would find himself waking up because of his friend having terrible nightmares that he wouldn't even remember the next day.

Steel talked to him about it. And Rasmus was apparently finding it hard to adjust in the sudden silence of their room. Steel is not a loud person after all and Rasmus was used to hearing noises around him until he fell asleep. 

Before, he would sleep in the middle of an argument between the couple who took him in. And now at school, he falls asleep hearing Cullen and his friends laughing or yelling at Cayden, but they're just talking. 

The boy had always loathed the eerie silence whenever he tried to sleep. 

Because it was quiet when the man drugged him and took him away. It was quiet when he would touch him in his sleep. It was also quiet when his wife would choke Rasmus in his sleep.

Steel tried helping him sleep by playing songs and also tried to talk to him. He makes sure the boy will sleep first but he still wakes up at midnight because of nightmares.

And it wouldn't stop.

The time during the sportsfest.

Rasmus and Steel tuned in on the live broadcast just like every other students. They cheered for their school and it was very loud when they were announced as reigning champions.

At the end of the day. Everyone stayed up celebrating and congratulating the students who brought the championship to their university again.

It was also the same time as the girls' schedules had ended and will be returning all at once. Rasmus had never been so excited.
Even though they keep in contact. He really missed her and wanted to wrap her in his embrace.

"Don't worry Rasmus. They're all back. So hopefully your nightmares will stop too." Steel assures him while making their way to their dorm.

Everyone will be arriving in the next few hours. Rasmus may not be able to see Annabelle because of other students who's definitely gonna bombard her upon her return. But he is happy enough to know that they'll see each other on the next day. And he can't wait.

"Yeah. I hope so too." Rasmus hummed and looked at the smaller male. 

When the two got in front of their room, they immediately noticed the familiar luggage that was left in front of their door which happened to be open.

The two started at the luggage and then to each other.

"This is Jairo's luggage." Steel says.

"Why would he leave it here?" The younger asked back and then they both slowly looked back to the door.

Their faces began to be coated with different expressions. Rasmus had a serious look on his face as he signaled a scared Steel to stay quiet.

He quickly removed the bracelet from his wrist and gave it to him.

"W-what are you doing? Why are you giving me this?" He whisper yelled while trying to refuse the bracelet but Rasmus shoved it to his hand.

"I need you to do as I say. Go find a bodyguard. Ask for help." He whispered and Steel quickly shook his head. Watching as Rasmus pulled out his scissor from his bag and leaving it beside the luggage.

"I'm not leaving you. Come with me." 

"No. I need you to leave now. If someone's here, they will only take me. They don't need to know you're here or that you have it." Rasmus muttered and practically forcefully pushed Steel away.

Steel looked at him with terrified eyes. He had never seen Rasmus wear that stoic expression. He looks angry too. And it was a rare sight that Annabelle would die to see.

He was scared. He didn't know what to do except the one thing that Rasmus asked of him. So he turned around after mouthing 'I'm sorry' to him. He ran and ran and the tears finally cascaded to his cheeks. His heart was heavy and he feels that he will regret leaving him.

But he can't just think of fleeing right now. He knows Rasmus asked him to leave not to ask for help. But because he needed Steel to hide the luminous.

The sooner Steel was gone. Rasmus turned to the door and quietly made his way in. And the first thing he saw…

Was a dead body lying on the floor.

I hope you liked the chapter.
Don't forget to vote and comment to share your thoughts.