chapter 53

"How do we go out then? There are like a hundred guards scattered all over the place." Mei says and looks warily at the guards outside by the balcony.

"We obviously can't use the obvious exits. Even if we manage to escape through, we still need to worry about the guards around the big lawn of this property." Steel is followed by a huff while he also observes all the guards from their view.

"Rasmus. This place is like a fortress right?" Ross asks while rubbing his chin in a thinking manner.

"Y-yeah. This place had been used by my family since the old age. This is as old as the luminous." The boy said while curiously looking at the older.

"In movies... All properties by royalties. Mansions, Villas or anything that they use as a safehouse. Even a palace! All have hidden passageways for escapes. And only the royal family knows about it too so that it can be used as an escape whenever bad things happen." Ross explained with a full and proud smile.

The others eventually realize that too and couldn't help but find the idea very much interesting.

"You're right. Only the main royal family knows of the passageways! I remember my father teaching me about that too." Rasmus said rather happily.

"So this place have one too? Right?" Cayden asks with hopeful eyes.

"It has! But I honestly don't know. I haven't been here since I was a baby!" Rasmus said as he walked out of the kitchen. The others following behind him like little ducklings.

"Then we should search for the doorways! The earlier the better!" Annabelle exclaimed. The thought of escaping somehow made her feel thrilled and excited. Not just her but everyone.

"No. Not yet!" Steel said almost immediately as he looked at the cctv camera on the corner of the living room. Even the bodyguards that still could be seen from the room.

"Too many eyes." He then said almost inaudibly.

"He's right. If we're gonna find those passageways, we need to make sure we're the only onew who can see it." Cayden stated in a serious tone while scanning the room to check all the cameras installed.

"Jamie and I can take care of the cameras. We can disable it for maybe an hour. Two if we're lucky. So we gotta be quick on finding that cameras." Annabelle suggested.

"Disabling it wouldn't be the best idea. If they realized that there are no live footages inside, they'll suspect. If they can't watch us with the cameras, they're gonna come inside instead until all the cameras are fixed." Rasmus said as he shook his head.

They were quiet for a bit after that. Trying to dig into their brains for more ideas as they sat back on their seats with the movie still playing.

Luna. For some reason happened to listen at the movie. The movie called Speed is currently playing on the television. It shows the scene where the cop handed a recorded tape to the reporter and then asking him to play it on loop. So that the antagonist of the movie who's currently watching them with a camera will think that they're just staying still during the ride. But in reality, everyone is already escaping the bus.

Luna suddenly gasped and frantically pointed at the television which nearly gave everyone a heart attack.

"Aish!!! Stop it!!!" Ross yells while clutching onto his chest and pulling her hand down.

"Let's do that!" The girl whisper yelled while still poomting at the movie.

Everyone were clueless at first. Not until Steel picks up the remote and rewinds the scene on the television. Everyone watched carefully and eventually realized what Luna meants. Except Cullen who thinks that Luna is suggesting they ride a bus.

"That's a brilliant idea Luna!" Cayden complimented and smiles at the girl.

"No sh*t! You want us to use a bus to escape this place? I thought we're gonna look for the passageways!" Cullen whisper yelled and everyone looked at him like he's the dumbest in the room.

"Are you sure you're brothers? How come he's not smart as you?" Ross mumbles to Cayden.

"Believe me. I had my doubts too." Cayden replies while shaking his head.

Jamie decided to explain it to him while the others discuss more of the plan...

"The entrance to our passageways aren't like those in the movies. So that means it won't be behind paintings or cabinets. It's not about pressing and pushing on walls or pulling down a disguised lever." Rasmus began to explain while everyone attentively listen.

The movie is still playing and everyone are seated with their eyes fixated on the television. It is so the guards who are watching them will not suspect of what they're doing.

"Then how do we look for it?" Steel asks.

"We need to find a lightning symbol on the walls. There should be 3 and at least 2 inches small. We only need to press the symbol at the same time so that the passageway will open."

"Do you have any idea where those symbols could be hidden?" Monina asks while sneakily looking around.

"It could be anywhere. I don't know. The symbols back at the palace are scattered too and we need to go all over the place to look for it too." Rasmus explains.

"Then we need to look everywhere here too. But, do you know where the door is? What if it opens where those guards can see it?" Mei also asks.

"That's impossible. The entrance are always located in a bathroom."

"Bathroom? Of all places. Doesn't that scream pervert?" Cullen commented followed by a 'pfft.'

"But did you expect that it's where the entrance will be?" Rasmus fires back with a sarcastic gaze at the older who simply clears his throat. "I figured."

"Then someone stays there and wait when it opens. Hold it until everyone gets through." Cayden stated. "Where does the passageway gonna lead us?"

"I don't know. We can just figure it out once we get there."

"Well we have to close the curtains once we start searching. Some of the doors are glass. They'll literally see us moving a lot even if we managed to do something with the cameras." Mei says as this has been bothering her for a while.

"Cullen and I can make it less suspicious. We'll make it out in front of them so that we can close the curtains without them suspecting us." Jamie chuckled and laughed a bit seeing Cullen's flustered reaction.

"You guys can do that here in the living room. What about the at the kitchen?" Steel asks.

Annabelle and Jamie then sheepishly smirked at each other and then looks over at Mei. Giving her that evil look.

"I'll take care of it." Mei unconsciously blurted out. "I-I'll pretend trying out a dress." She adds and avoids Steel's sudden glance at her.

"Okay! So anything else we need to worry about?" Ross asks as he let out a deep and nervous breath.

"I think we're settled!"

"Then let's begin."

I hope you liked the chapter.
Don't forget to vote and comment to share your thoughts.