chapter 18

"Please forgive me, your highness. I will do whatever it takes for your mercy. I am so sor—" Cullen was suddenly cut off when Rasmus hurriedly covered his mouth.

His eyes were frantically looking around. Both scared and anxious.

"What are you doing!!!? Don't call me that!" He whisper yelled and looked at him in terror.

It was just a test and Rasmus gave him the answer. Now Cullen is the first and only person to know that he's prince Lucian.

"O-okay." Cullen muttered and gently removed his hand before stepping back.

A grin plastered on his face because his plan was a success.

"I can call you by your name right?" He asks and the boy nodded with a frown.

"Listen. I promise I'll never tell anyone. But at least tell me what happened. I owe you and your friends my life. And I wanna help you too. You know my family is powerful. We can help to back you up." Cullen whispers, loud enough for Rasmus to hear.

"It's not necessary. I-I'm not coming back." Rasmus says and immediately starts walking back to the truck to pick up the last boxes. Cullen quickly went after him. 

"What do you mean? You have the luminous. If you show it to your people. The throne is yours right away." He whispered and the younger shook his head.

"You don't understand. The people may love me. But everyone in the castle by now are pawns of my uncle. They will all kill me before the sun rises on me." He says and Cullen immediately let out a gasp.

"Holy sh*t! So there's a deep drama? Then does that mean your father, may he be happy in heaven. He didn't commit suicide?"

Rasmus suddenly stopped walking and turned to Cullen with a glare. Although his eyes are glossy.

"My father will never commit suicide. He knows it is a mortal sin. Even if he accidentally kills me, I would never want him to do that and he knows it." He says with gritted teeth.

"Then how did he die? Did your uncle kill him?" He asked and Rasmus looked away. 

He didn't want Cullen to see the tears fall. But he's too stubborn for nothing and he walked around to look at his reaction. When he did, he was quiet. 

Although Rasmus wanted him to talk, somehow the silence is comfortable.

"I understand why you don't wanna go back. Because if your uncle killed him, then he is the same man that would want me and Jairo to be dead too." Cullen murmurs as he watches the boy wipe his tears.

It was his first time seeing him cry. And it made him feel more guilty for all that he did.

"But still. My offer will always be available, Rasmus. I am guilty of what I've done and you have the power to sentence me to death. But I wanna make it up to you. We don't need to act friends at school. But I want you to know that I will help you with what you need." Cullen stated and dropped the box. He walked towards the prince and hugged him. It only took a few seconds and he started crying while muttering how much he misses his parents.

He had seen a few online videos of their family when Lucian was only a little boy. He had to spend a lot in the dark web to find it. And it's worth it.
The royal family was happy and Lucian's parents adored him so much. He was the sun and moon to them and Lucian had always been so kind and obedient. He was the perfect son.

And he didn't deserve his life to be taken away from him.

____