chapter 55

"Okay! Move!" Jamie shoves Rasmus away and replaces him in front of the laptop.

The two Wilsons exchange a grin at each other before they start typing on the keyboard to begin their little magic.

The others watched in amusement. Understanding only very little of what the two are doing.

About five minutes at least, the two stopped typing and smiled proudly at the same time.

"What did I always say?" Jamie chuckled and puts his palm up.

"No rush, no mush." Annabelle giggles and claps on Jamie's hand.

"It's done?" Ross asks and the girls nodded their heads with a proud smile.

"That was cool." Rasmus compliments with his eyes growing larger in amusement.

"Alright! Let's get moving!" Cayden said as he stood up and looked at his wrist watch.

"We have at least an hour and a half before the staff come in here to prepare for dinner. We need to find those three tiny symbols. Everyone scatters around." He adds and flicks his finger which was a cue for everyone to.go separate ways.

The mansion is no doubt very big so they had to move very quickly. Rasmus had already explained that there are a total of 8 secret passageways they can find in the house because of the 8 bathrooms.

So they have to look for 3 lightning symbols that are in the same color so that it'll open one door.

Luna, who went to the music room. Check each and every corner. Even opening the piano, looking under the chairs or tables. Peeking behind the heavy cabinets.

And finally! She found a red colored lightning symbol that is the size of her fingernail. It's actually just a button. Very small and almost da*n near impossible to see Luna immediately informed everyone which was a quick progress.

Rasmus on the other hand, who used to play with his father by looking for those tiny little lightning buttons. He knows the best spot he can find them. He stayed in the living room and started scanning the walls. Especially those that are too dim on the spot.

He managed to spot about three but all in different colors. Red, purple and blue so he had to search again. Hopefully red since Luna was able to find a red one.

Almost a half an hour went by. Everyone managed to find a button each but all in different colors. They decided to gather in the living room again to share information.

"The red one! We found all the red ones!" Mei exclaims with excitement as she was the one who found the third button.

One person went back to the buttons each and pressed them after the count of three. As soon as they all pressed it, the rest rushed to check every bathroom to find the secret door.

Steel was the one who found it, which is not very far from the entrance where a lot of guards could be heard having quite a loud conversation using a different language.

As soon as all ten of them successfully crossed the secret door. Which is actually the bathtub moving up with the help of a mechanism. There is a lever there which they used to close the passage.

Everyone opened a flashlight each. Looking around the pitch dark passage.

"Okay! So now what?" Steel asks.

"Look! Arrows!" Rasmus pointed at the wall on their left. An almost faded green arrow is painted there. As if leading them to the way out.

"Come on." The prince takes the lead first and follows the arrow while the others tag along anxiously.

About five minutes of brisk walking, they reached a round space that had chests and warrior statues in the middle. There are three statues holding an old sword each.

"Go check the chests!" Ross said to the girls while the.guys went over to the statues and saw if they could remove the old swords.

"I know them." Rasmus says when he recognized one of the statues based on the clothes and armor he wears.

"He's King Leo. The third lightbringer. He was the one who died in battle after protecting our people from conquerors." The prince stated with amusement. Quite fascinated at his own history.

"Then I hope your grandfather with how many great or whatever won't mind us borrowing his sword." Says Cayden as he forcely takes out the sword from the statue and hands it to him.

"It's all locked. If we try to open them we're just gonna waste time!" Monina said to them after failing to open any of the chests.

"That's fine! Let's go. They might have discovered our disappearance. We have to leave before they scour all our possible exits." Cayden beckons everyone to move.

Without hesitation. The ten continued walking to the other passage that hopefully would lead them to the exit. It took them like 20 minutes of walking before finally reaching the end of the tunnel. Which was the forest beside the river and under a railway bridge.

"Hurry. There could be poachers around this forest. We cannot be seen!" Ross rushes everyone before closing the gate after the last person goes through.

The group walked into the forest. Honestly having no idea where to go next.

"I can't believe we managed to escape without a fixed plan." Cullen laughs out of amusement as he looms around the very green forest.

"Yeah! And now we're stuck here trying to find out where to find our prize pig." Jamie slumps on a log with a clearly annoyed face.

"We don't have any money or anything to use to contact anyone for help." She added and started throwing pebbles to a tree.

"Jamie's right. Maybe we rushed this. We could've at least searched for any information where to find him. We're literally worse than a blank page right now." Monina sighed as she also found the situation quite irritating.

"Still. There's no point of looking back to that! We're already here." Cayden said to them but even he finds the situation absurd because it was completely unplanned.

"So how are we gonna find him? We make a small appearance to anybody, it will be a race who gets to us first." Steel stated and looked at Rasmus. Wanting to hear what he has to say.

"Even my people can't find him, so what makes us special?" He said and shrugs his shoulders. "But I like the idea of who gets to us first." He then looked at Steel with a sinister but confident smile.

"If we can't find him ourselves."

"Then I'll make him come to me."

I hope you liked the chapter.
Don't forget to vote and comment to share your thoughts.