chapter 12

Rasmus stared at the picture and then closed his eyes. Suppressing the tears. He feels like his father is always watching him so he doesn't want to show him that he's disobeying all that he taught him.

The door suddenly bursts open so Rasmus quickly hid the items in his hoodie's pockets.

"Since we got the party approved on the weekends. We have to resume all our practice. Everything's good to go anyway so let's just do final checks and then we can focus on the sponsors." Cayden talked as he made his way to his study. Jairo, Wan and Cullen are both behind him.

The four were holding their ipads and touching and typing on it rapidly. Rasmus actually preferred them busy. He deemed it as peaceful and cooler.

"Mei and Xin already volunteered for the party menu. I'll ask for a copy via email to be sent to you by tonight. And then, Annabelle and Jamie also provided us contacts of their friends upstate that can help with the sponsors and exposure we'll need." Cullen added.

The mention of Annabelle's name made Rasmus sneakily look at them. But he immediately looked away because he didn't want to poke onto their business.

"That's perfect! With everything that's going on right now. DU has been in a bad light so we'll need to make up for it. We need this party to make it through articles with perfect reviews." Cayden stated in a satisfied tone.

"Okay. Then I'll go ahead and talk to our bodyguards. Let them know about the new plan so they'll be able to adjust. I think it's all gonna be great since the bodyguards can serve as security so no one will question safety." Wan said and the other three agreed.

"I'll go with you." Jairo said and the two left the room right away.

Cullen and Cayden discussed more. Rasmus couldn't help but watch them with amusement since they are not yelling at each other. They are very serious about their roles and would set aside their childish fights.

A few minutes later the door opened. Revealing Ross who looked like he was in a hurry. Cullen and Cayden stopped talking and turned to look at him.

Ross looked around the room and immediately ran to Rasmus.

"Why are you here alone? Where's Steel?" He asked and Rasmus looked up at him with a pout.

"He was at the library." He said and a frown immediately appeared on Ross' face.

"I just came from the library! The book keepers saw him leave a few minutes after you did!" He said. Which caught the other two's attention.

"Relax Ross. Steel could be in the bathroom. Or at the snack bar." Cayden said to him in a calmed tone.

"I went to the snack bar and to the canteen. He's not there. If he went to the bathroom. Don't you think he's taking longer?" He said and turned to Rasmus at the last part.

Rasmus had left the library about ten to fifteen minutes ago. Steel is not allowed to go anywhere else so he should be at the dorm if not in the library, canteen, snack bar or even the bathrooms.

Ross began to feel more frustrated. He groaned as he pulled his hair. Trying to think where the delinquent child could be.

"Okay! Don't fu**ing tell me that the brain freak is missing!" Cullen scoffs that made the older to turn at him with a glare.

"He's not a freak! And yes! He is missing! So if you want your party to stay going! You two will help us find him!" He said before helping Rasmus to stand up.

The siblings looked at each other before rolling their eyes and huffing. Ross does have a point. The party will be canceled again if anything happens to the witnesses. So they need to find Steel before the bodyguards do their roll call. Which will be after class.

They followed Ross as they made their way to the greenhouse. Trying not to act suspicious.

"Okay. Why are we here?" Cullen asks but still follows Rasmus and Ross to the end of the house.

"If you tell anyone. I'll kill you both!" Ross threatened before opening the secret door. Making the two gasp in surprise. Quite shocked to find out that there is a secret door and they didn't even know about it.

Rasmus walked in first and the three followed. They led the Sages to their tree house which only made the siblings more in awe.

"Wow. Did you guys make this?" Cullen asked while staring at the tree house with his mouth agape.

"Look. One of the bikes is gone." Rasmus pointed at the bikes. The other three looked as well.

"That prick. Do you think he's somewhere in the forest right now? You two always hike." Ross said to the youngest but he shook his head.

"We don't use bikes when we hike." He said which made Ross sigh and let out an exasperated groan.

"Is there anywhere else he could've gone to?" He asked again but Rasmus shook his head again since the two only ever go out to the forest for hiking. Or sometimes, looking for rare plants to study.

"Can't you just think of any place he could be at!?" Cullen retorted. A bit displeased from the lack of useful answers from the boy.

"I-I don't know. M-maybe he's bored. Steel doesn't like being watched. Maybe he left just to take a breather." Rasmus muttered and unconsciously stood beside Ross, holding onto his arm for some sort of comfort.

"It's alright. Steel is smarter than this jerk. He won't do anything that will kill him." Ross assured him while Cullen only frowned at the way he was addressed.

While Ross was trying to make Rasmus rethink where his best friend could be. Cullen's phone receives a call. He immediately checked it and answered the call once he saw Wan's name on the screen.

"What is it?" He snapped.

"Can you fu*king punch your roommate for me!!!" Wan definitely sounded like he's pissed.

"What the hell are you talking about!?"

"My uncle who was visiting the amusement park in the city saw Mei with Steel Denvers!"

I hope you liked the chapter.
Don't forget to vote and comment to share your thoughts.