chapter 43

"Monina?" Ross called when he saw the familiar girl standing in the middle of the forest and wiping away the sweat on her forehead.

The mentioned girl stopped what she was doing and quickly turned around when she recognized his voice.
Jamie, Annabelle and Luna also stood from sitting on a log after hearing Ross.

"Luna?" Cayden also calls when he sees the girl and even notices the guns she and Jamie were holding.

"W-what are you girls doing here?" Ross asks cluelessly.

"What about you?" Jamie asks back.

"Well…" Cayden trails and looks at Ross. "We thought Rasmus and Cullen might be hiding in our private beach…" he added.

"I thought so too." Jamie exclaims with a thrilled expression.

"Give me one of those!" Ross points at the gun. Luna looks at it first before giving one to Ross.

"There's no point in sending y'all back when you don't have a plan to go at all. Let's just all go together." Cayden said with a huff and beckoned the girls to come with them.

"Can any of you tell me why we didn't tell the guards and have to secretly do this on our own? For the record, we're in the forest! God knows how many animals lives here that could attack us?! Or worse! Bears!" Monina exclaims as they continue walking.

"If we bring guards with us, Cullen might freak out and he won't trust anyone that wears a black suit and earpieces on their ears. Anyone can wear that. Even the devil." Cayden bluntly replied.

"But the guards are probably aware by now that we're all gone. Do they know about the private beach?" Annabelle asks.

"Only my family knows about it. That's why we call it private. And they won't bother calling our parents unless they fail to find us within 24 hours. They'll be in serious trouble for that." Cayden explains and couldn't help but laugh stiffly because it perfectly fits their secret plan.

The group walked for another hour until they made it to the private beach. There is a small house there which had been unused. The last time somebody went there was actually during Cullen and Jamie's anniversary.

"You two better be right. Or else my fingers will pull this trigger and put a hole in your heads." Luna warns while glarimg at Cayden and Jamie as she huffs due to exhaustion after hours of walking.

Jamie and Cayden exchanged looks before they decided to go to the door. They were quiet to the point that if someone breathed loudly they would be shot.

When they made it to the door, they tried to open it but it was locked. Cayden looks back to them with a confident smile. He took a deep breath and suddenly said….

"Cullen have a small di*k!!!" Cayden suddenly yells before bursting into a loud laugh while the others just watch him dumbfounded.

After that, it was quiet for a good few seconds before the door aggressively opened suddenly. And an angry Cullen pops out who looks like he's gonna murder his brother right now.

"Cullen!!!" Jamie gasps and shoves Cayden away from the door to hug her boyfriend. The frown on his face quickly faded upon recognizing the girl who hugged him.

Annabelle also pushed her way in and searched for Rasmus. But he's not in the living room.

"In the bathroom upstairs. He went to shower earlier, he's probably done now." Cullen says when he noticed Annabelle.

She quickly ran upstairs while the others entered the house so they could lock the door again.

Annabelle searched for where Rasmus could be. She saw the door open in the hallway and when she walked there, she accidentally saw Rasmus who was covered only with a towel on his lower body.

"Fu*k!" The girl shrieked as she panicked and turned around only to hit her head on the wall.

"Hey! You alright?" Rasmus quickly grabbed a robe to cover himself before walking over to the girl who was caressing her forehead.

"I-I'm okay." Annabelle kept her head low and her eyes closed despite the taller man towering over her.

"It's okay. I'm covered. You can look at me now." Rasmus chuckled as he wrapped the girl in his arms.

Annabelle cleared her throat and slowly looked up, opening her eyes to look at Rasmus.

His hair is still dripping wet. He has a lot of cuts on his face too and a visible bruise on his right cheek. His right neck also has a long cut but it's not that bad.

"I'm alright. You're here now." Rasmus immediately assured her when he noticed the worried look on her face.

"I was worried. But I'm glad you're okay now." Annabelle said and smiled at him. Caressing his cheeks and gently tracing on the bruise.

"Did you come here alone?" Rasmus asks and the girl shakes her head.

"I came with the guys. It's just us. And also. The guards took Steel to the hospital, and Mei left with them." 

"That's good. Why don't you join everyone? I'll be down in a minute." 

"Okay. Don't take too long."

Annabelle decided to go down first and saw everyone else talking in the living room. That's when she noticed that Cullen looked as beat and exhausted as Rasmus. 

"I would cook for you guys. But as you can see. We have not used the house for a long time." Cullen says groggily while cuddling with Jamie on the couch.

"It's fine. When do we leave though?" Monina asks.

"We can't. We need to wait for the guards to come here." Cayden said and the girls immediately made a frown except for Jamie who already know what he's gonna say next.

"What do you mean we can't!?" Luna exclaimed.

"Like I said earlier. The guards will try to find us within 24 hours from the time we went missing. Then they'll call our parents to find out more information about where we could be. Then our parents will let them know of this place. So we just need to wait and stay here pretending that no one is in this house." Cayden explains to them in detail.

"And no food? No electricity?!" Monina whines.

"It's alright. It's not like we're gonna stay here forever. We survived last night so this would be a piece of cake." Ross assures her and the girl can only glare at him.

"There's bottled water in the fridge. But of course it's not cold." Rasmus said as he walked down the stairs. Stopping beside Annabelle who chose to sit on the stairs.

They didn't have a lot of options since it would be risky to go outside without any protection. So they stayed as Cayden wanted and wait until the guards find them.

I hope you liked the chapter.
Don't forget to vote and comment to share your thoughts.