chapter 33

"it's not your fault y/n." dream said, reassuring me for a millionth time now. i felt somehow lucky because my conscience of mine or so i call the parasites in my head didn't made this worse and that's a miracle when they didn't worsen the situation.

are they off of me?

...

i hope so.

but still, lucky or not i killed technoblade, my brother. our first born.

i killed him out of excitement... or was it selfishness? was it my selfish desire or greed for peace and reconciliation did that?

how could i ever bring myself up after pulling that stunt. i knew, very well that techno's special not just to me but to tommy.

i hate myself.

i hate myself.

i really do.

——————————

as dream laid his hands on my back, my eyes met with techno who was suffering behind him.

my heart sank as everything went into slow motion. techno's face screamed fear and pain.

dream didn't notice, yet.

my eyes widened as techno slowly dropped. tears were now flowing. as if on cue the thunder roared and lightning struck the land of the smp.

dream turned around and yelled out, "techno!" he said reaching out for his friend who was on the ground.

"you owe me right?" the pig man asked, as the masked man nodded.

"yes, so don't die on my right now!" the tears started to fell off his mask, "please. i still need you technoblade!" the poor guy said, gripping onto techno's shirt.

"i-i don't know what caused this," he said making my mind blank. "but i know for sure this is the end. slow and painful death." he coughed.

"dream, as my last request. please take care of  y/n." he forced a smile.

"no!" dream roared, "dream, i knew i wouldn't last long. so i left a legacy for everyone to remember not just my name but what i do."

he chuckled, "it's indeed blood for the blood gods but i helped people, my way. leaving them with good examples to spread. that's my legacy to live as once, technoblade was once the best pvp, soldier, friend, ally and a hero to most of the people here." he slowly closed his eyes, "technoblade never dies."

i wanted to scream.

i wanted to breakdown.

i wanted to rage.

but i couldn't.

i stood there, in the rain with the 2 best people in the smp as one of them was dying.

i watched and heard his pains and success. i listened to dream's cries. i was there but i never helped.

my mind was blank.

my heart felt empty.

everything feels shit.

i hate this feeling.

——————————

"y/n?" dream once again tapped my shoulder, "are you okay? how do you feel?" he handed me a jacket.

what should i tell you? that i'm fine? or i'm sorry for killing my brother unintentionally because i was excited to be with you again? bleuh, you're so unlucky dream. no thanks.

i reluctantly accepted the jacket and smiled at him. i gave him a thumbs up, reassuring him i'm fine. even though i'm not.

he sighed, "it's okay not to be okay." i rolled my eyes and signalled him, 'i'm fine idiot, it's not like i'm dying' and flipped him off.

"you can just tell me that in a good day. not flipping me off!" he yelled as he ran to chase me. i ran as fast as i could to escape but he jumped at me.

we both fell down as he tickled me. i tapped the floor 3 times to signal him to stop.

after a few seconds he finally stopped.

i gave him a sad smile, 'how do you manage to be fine even techno's gone?'

he looked at me with a sad face but he brushed it off instantly, "techno wasn't my buddy but he was once the best opponent and a trust-worthy ally. we aren't friends nor enemies, we once called it truce. i miss him but what matters most is you y/n."

i'm home.