chapter 32

i found myself laying flat on my stomach near the shore as fundy went to go stroll around the shore for a bit.

i have catched up on the happenings for the past months. dream was still in prison, technoblade was nowhere to be found, philza was living somewhere around the smp, niki had her bakery still opened, sam's retired, quackity met a new person named charlie, fundy's part of a new country, sapnap, george and karl made a country and badboyhalo, and skeppy were nowhere to be seen.

everything was so messed up.

the dream smp.

the people.

the countries.

and dream himself...

i was out of the world. my mind was somewhere far away when someone tapped my shoulder as i jolted up in fear.

"i'm so sorry y/n, did i scare you?" fundy looked at me with worry filling his face.

i shake my hands no and smiled at him like it was fine but the fact was it isn't. i mean my heart leapt.

"it's getting dark, the mobs will be out soon. let's go." he said, helping me up.

he dragged me in the forest. as we travelled high and low, i felt a pair of eyes were constantly looking at me but it wasn't fundy, i'm sure of it.

fundy let go of my hand as he continued walking. i followed behind him.

why do i feel... someone is watching me...

i looked around, examining the area frantically whilst the bushes were moving as the wind blew making the trees sway giving me goosebumps.

"y/n, are you alright?" fundy asked worriedly. the fox furrowed it's eyebrow as he glanced around for a few times before looking at me.

"you seemed off... is something bothering you?" he tapped my shoulder as it sent shiver down my spine.

as if on cue, the wind started to blow making me shiver again
feeling cold, i shake my head no and gave him a smile.

why?

what's happening?

and... who?

my mind went blank seeing a shadow behind a tree. it swiftly moved for a few seconds and it was gone.

"you're scaring me y/n, let's just go!" he grabbed my hand and dragged me away.

we hiked low and high, travelled far. we reached a house before the mobs even came out.

"sorry, the cabin's small. we couldn't stay out any longer. there are guards patrolling outside so we better stay in." he said, shutting the door behind him.

he went to shut the blinds as he spoke again, "why? it's because techno's out of prison. the reason why he's nowhere to be found because he was prisoned for arson and treason." he chuckled.

"funny isn't it?" he then sat down before continuing, "shocking isn't an intelligent choice of word y'know."

i just nodded yes and went through his stuff.

invading? no. i'd rather call it... sharing.

"feel at home y/n." with that, he drifted to sleep.

poor fox, must've stayed all night.

i went out despite his warnings and stories. it was dark outside but i made my way into the deep woods without hesitation.

it's not like i'll die here.

i smiled to myself whilst looking around. i bumped into something rock solid making me fall.

i groaned as i massaged my forehead. i look at the hand that someone was offering, they chuckled "need help?"

he said making my heart skipped a beat, "dream?" i said with a smile on my face. i felt happy and excited in a long time.

"it is i!" he chuckled as he hugged me tight and swung me around.

i felt sick, realizing what i just did. my heart stopped as the realization sink in.

no...

my mind echoed.

techno.

tears flowed onto my cheeks.

"y/n?! what happened?" he asked making me break. i fell on my need helpless.

techno was the person whom i treasured the most even though he betrayed me. dreamxd and i had a deal...

i killed technoblade.