Damn

Johnny walked into the dojo to see it half empty "what happened to lip piercing and man tits ? Crater face ? Slingshot"

"They quit Sensei" Mia bowed her head pretending to be shocked, she was realistically cheering inside.

"Are you serious ? I mean good" Johnny played it cool "that was a test. I wanted to see who the winners are and thats you guys. You could be at home doing video games stuffing your face, but instead you're here doing push ups and learning how to fight" Johnny pointed at Eli "Lip. Look even Lips tougher then those guys. He's no quieter"

"Could you please not call me that"

Johnny squinted "excuse me what ?"

"I said could you please not call me that" the quiet voice came across

"I'll warm them up Sensei" Miguel tried to interrupt. You could see how tense he was getting.

"No no no Lip has something he wants to say" Johnny walked in closer "it's alright speak up lip or is your tongue messed up too" Mia sighed. Johnny was being a proper bully "are you one of those challenged kids ? If you don't want me to call you lip don't have a funny lip can't you get surgery for that"

"I was born with this. It's the scar from the surgery"

"You mean it was worse before that or did the doctor just screw up ? Because if this is the after photo then that sucks man you should sue"

"Can we just please change the topic"

"You don't think I want too ? It's tough when it's right in front of me. If you wanna be something other then a nerd with a scar on his lip then you gotta flip the script okay ? Like get a face tattoo or gouge your eye out we'll call you patch" Johnny would not stop. It was like word vomit "no don't do that you'll look like a freak"

"Johnny!" Mia said from across the classroom. Eli looked at her before walking out. Welp that's another one down.

Mia knocked on Johnnys door before leaving "do you have to be so hard on them ?"

"Come on Moretti they're a bunch of losers"

"Yeah well some of those losers are mine and the rest of ours friends. They have feelings"

"Yeah that tracks" Johnny sat down

"And they're your students, you wanted a full dojo you got one" she complained

"Not full like that" Johnny sipped his beer

She scrunched her face "yeah they're losers but I am too"

"Don't tell me you're gonna cry"

"No I'm not!" She said in fury "listen what do you think you looked like when you first joined your dojo ? Everyone starts at the bottom some worse then others, you know what see you tomorrow" she grabbed her bag storming out.

Mia and Miguel were told to come early and they walked in together "why are we the only ones here" Mia asked

"Let's be realistic" Johnny cracked open a beer "you guys are the only ones who are most likely gonna help me win the tournament"

Miguel and Mia looked at one another and smirked. She chirped "so does that mean we're your favourite students ?"

"Favourite current students" he corrected them

"I'll take that" Miguel shrugged "but really what did you wanna tell us".

Johnny Mia and Miguel all sat on the curb "wanted to show how I started out. It was the summer of '82 Rocky three had just come out and me and my mate Tommy went to go see it. There was this blonde with her friend and we started throwing popcorn at her"

Mia laughed "why would you do that ?"

"It was an alpha move come on man. Anyways one of the girls got pissed off and she turned around and yelled at me" he chuckled "that's when I saw her for the first time"

"Saw who ?" Miguel asked

"Ali. She threw her popcorn at Tommy and stormed out. I chased after her" the boys giggled at him "I knew she was my type the moment I met her"

"Did you ask her our ?"

"Hit on her a few times. But she rejected me until she finally said yes. Went to a milk shake diner on our first date. Kissed on the ferris wheel" Johnny smiled "we were madly Inlove. Dated for 2 years, she gave me this" he pulled out the black headband

"What happened ?" Mia asked

"Daniel LaRusso came along, he started hitting on her and I got mad. Exploded on her like I always did and she put me in my place. Obviously for the last time and I never really saw her after that" Johnny shook his head "LaRusso wouldn't leave it alone, he kept on going for Ali and then the tournament"

"And Daniel won" Mia guessed

***

The next day Mia walked into the next karate lesson. She turned to see the door open. A blue Mohawk

"Welcome to Cobra Kai" Johnny said

"Eli ?" Mia gasped looking at the boy, you wouldn't of been able to recognise him

"I'm flipping the script"

"Nice cut bro" Johnny nodded "you see that ? Doesn't matter if you're a loser weirdo or freak. All that matters is that you become badass. Hawk fall in"

Hawk got on the mat. He looked at Mia and winked, his confidence stunk out the room. It was weird.