The Order x Reader

Not a request.

War was over, and everyone was happy and celebrating. Everyone except The Order, that is.
Why should she celebrate when she had lost her sister?
Of course, I wasn't going to celebrate either. I was going to stay with her.
Which is exactly why I was sitting at the edge of her bed, next to her curled up body that was buried in blankets.
"You should go to the party....." she mumbled quietly, her voice strained as she tried to refrain herself from crying.
"I'm not going anywhere," I responded softly, resting my hand on her heaving shoulder. "I'm staying here. With you."
I heard a choked sob from her.
"Please.....I don't want to keep you away from all the fun...." Now she really sounded like she was about to cry.
I shuffled to slip under the blanket mountain with her, and pulled her back gently into my chest. I heard another sob, more violent this time.
"You're not keeping me away from anything important," I murmured honestly, "I would much rather stay with you."
I rested my head in her neck comfortingly, nuzzling her messy, black hair. I could feel the soaked skin of her cheek as she leaned back against me. Her feet were freezing to the point that I physically jumped when they brushed against mine.
"Jesus, you're cold," I whispered in her ear.
She sniffed quietly, more tears trickling down her face. The emptiness in her chest mirrored the loss of her sister. She could have saved her......that's what she thought anyway. I spent my time telling her that The Imagined chose to let go.
I whispered sweet nothings into The Order's ear, and heard her sobbing quiet down slightly. I rubbed my hand soothingly in circles on her muscular belly.
"There you go," I whispered, "That's it."
She sniffled and rolled over under her blankets, wrapping her arms around me and burying herself in my chest. I rubbed her back gently, pressing light kisses to her hair and head. I ran my fingers through the raven coloured hair.
Her turquoise eyes were cloudy with tears, and were red and puffy. I kissed the tears from her face.
I slid a hand up her shirt to rest on her hip, and saw her eyelids flutter closed heavily. I moved my other hand to her back so I was effectively holding her, shuffling slightly so she was more comfortable.
"Sleep now," I murmured, "and I'll be here in the morning."

I felt a violent heave from The Order's back, that my hand was still resting on, followed by a strangled cry.
I immediately sat up, and pulled her into my lap.
"It's okay," I whispered, checking the time.
5:00am.
She must have had a nightmare. She was holding onto me for dear life.
"Sweetheart, it's okay," I promised, "I'm here...."
I pressed gentle kisses to her neck, that was tight with emotion.
"I-I'm s-sorry," she sobbed, "I-I d-didn't m-mean to-"
I furrowed my eyebrows.
"I already told you it isn't your fault," I whispered softly, wiping her tears with my thumb.
"B-but she w-was r-right there...." She sobbed, "I-I w-was h-holding her...."
"Pet, I promise, it wasn't your fault," I said firmly, nuzzling her neck gently, "You trust me, don't you?"
"O-of c-course I t-trust y-you," she sniffled.
"And I tell you that it's not your fault," I murmured drowsily, grabbing her small hands and intwining my fingers with hers. Her head fell against my chest, her hands gripping onto mine for dear life as they trembled. I kissed her knuckles gently.
She shuffled in my lap, looking up at me with cloudy eyes. I pressed a soft kiss to her lips, wrapping her back up in the blankets.
I'll stay awake until she's asleep.