Chapter 33 ( Love vs Ego )

Author's POV :

At Manickam's house......

It was night. Roja freshened up and came out drying her hair embellished in a red saree . She immediately thought about Arjun......

He would have had his dinner right ? .

Thinking about him , her eyes welled up with tears . She decided to not have dinner if Arjun wouldn't have had his dinner . His memories were disturbing her . She took his photo in her hand and sat down on her bed , kneeling back. She looked took all his pics and kept it on the bed and one in her hand . She couldn't stay without him even for a second . Their happy moments were flashing in front of her . She looked at his pic and started speaking.......

This is what you love me Arjun ? . Why.....why did you hide your first love to me ? . Even I loved you from our high school . I told you that during our first phone call . You did not care about it . But you could have told me that you loved someone else . And....and....you even went against me for your first love . You supported Rashmi against me . She spoke ill about you Arjun . So I tried to slap her . Not because of jealousy . You even forgot I'm pregnant .

Her eyes welled up tears , she kept her hand on her belly and continued.......

Yes , you forgot that I'm carrying your child and supported Rashmi . Later , when I decided to leave the house , you came to pacify me with your sugar coated words . Why Arjun ? . If you still love Rashmi , why did you accept me ? .

She cried miserably . Just then , she saw Arjun standing near the window and smiling at her . For a second , she was stunned , but ran towards him and hugged him , but......but she realized it was her hallucination . Next , she saw him sitting on the couch . She went near the couch and tried to hold his face in her hand , but that too was an hallucination . She sat on the bad and held his pic and cried unconsolablly . She looked at his pic and started speaking again.......

Wherever I see , I find only you Arjun . You are my world , my heart , me everything Arjun .

She was crying miserably , that's when she heard someone clapping , and looked at the door . There she found her Arjun standing near the door , wearing his white t - shirt and jeans and carrying his bag . Roja ignored it and said.....

I know , you'll not come . This is just my hallucination . Stop disturbing me .

She pouted . Arjun chuckled at her cuteness . She felt he really came , but sat in the same place . But , Arjun started walking towards her in baby steps and reached near the bed . Roja felt he had really come , but didn't move . Arjun sat next to her , held her face in his arms and kissed her forhead and asked her........

Now , will you believe ? .

Roja instantly became happy . Then she saw the wound in his hand and became restless , she held his hands and cried . Tears rolled down her cheek continously......

What happened Arjun ? . How did you get hurt ? . Can't you be careful ? . Wait , I'll give a proper first aid to your hand .

She for a second forgot everything and was engrossed in treating his hand , while he looked at her keenly admiring her . He was sure still she loves him . After treating his hand , Roja asked him.......

Is it paining ? . Shall we go to hospital ? .

He smiled bitterly and replied looking into her eyes........

This pain is nothing , infront of the pain that my Roja gave me by leaving the house .

Roja's eyes had tears . She wiped them , immediately stood up and turned towards the wall and said......

Why did you come here ? . I told I don't want to stay with you anymore .

Arjun stood up , made her face him and asked her......

Say this by looking into my eyes , not facing the wall .

Roja was startled , she knew she could not . But she wanted to prove that she doesn't want to stay him even though it's totally a lie . She made an attempt........

Sure .

She looked into his eyes intensely and tried......

Just......don't.....

That's all she could speak. His eyes started to do some magic on her . She couldn't complete the sentence . Arjun keenly observed her innocence . Arjun held her face in his hands and said......

My dear Wifey , this is my father in law's house , so I have all the rights here .

Roja pouted and gave him an angry look . Arjun continued......

And not only here , even you if you go to your father in law's house , that is my father's house , there too I will come . I'm staying with you no matter wherever you go . Do you know why ? .

Roja looked at him clueless........

Our whole family went on a trip . So I should take care of my wife right ? .

Roja was stunned . Her parents didn't even inform her , she understood it was all a plan to re - unite them . She remained quite and replied.......

I don't want anyone's care and concern . I can take care of myself . Go and stay in some other room .

He came near her and she stepped back......

What.....what.....what.....what....what , Oye , I'm your husband . I will stay in this room only . What will you do ? .

Roja glared at him and said......

Okay , then you stay , I'll go .

Roja turned to leave , while Arjun thought how to stop her . Suddenly he said.......

Haa , go , go......

Roja turned and looked at him . He continued......

You are hesitant to stay in this room , because you no you cannot control your emotions and love towards me Rose uh .

Roja glared at Arjun and replied.....

Nothing as such ! .

Arjun mocked her.....

Then why can't you stay with me Rose uh ? . See , let's stay here and behave how we used to behave usually . Within few days only I'll gain your love back . Or else I'll only leave the house . What do you say my Rose uh ? .

Roja thought for a while and nodded in a yes .

   Will Arjun win Roja's heart ? .