Chapter 15 ( Deeply hurt )

Author's POV :

Deepa consoled Roja and decided to give her sometime to come out of Arjun's behavior towards her . So she walked out of Rojun's room . Roja couldn't accept that Arjun avoids and hates her to this extent . She only could cry and not do anything else her . After sometime Kalpana came to her room and patted on her shoulders.......
Kalpana : What happened to you Roja ? .
Roja wiped her tears and replied.....
Roja : I am alright atthai .
Kalpana : Am I not a good mother in law to you ? .
Roja : Atthai , no girl will get a mother in law , like you . You are another mother to me .
Roja hugged Kalpana . Kalpana had happy tears and caressed her hair gently . She gently cupped up Roja's face and asked her.......
Kalpana : Then tell me what is the problem .
Roja thinks......
I can't speak about Arjun's rudeness to atthai . She will feel bad . I will tell her another matter , anyways it's not a lie . It's hurting me unknowingly .
Roja : Atthai , I miss Arjun . I can't live without him even for a second . That's what is hurting me .
Kalpana smiled at Roja and replied.....
Kalpana : Dear , will you cry to this extent for this ? . Silly girl . But , I am happy that you love Arjun to this extent . Don't worry , I will inform him to come soon .
Roja immediately replied.....
Roja : Atthai please don't speak about this to him . Let him finish his work peacefully and come . Then he too will be relaxed , or else he will become stressed about his work .
Kalpana thought for a while and replied......
Kalpana: Alright , but you should not cry .
Roja nodded her head with an anticipation . Kalpana left the room and Roja cried and burst out into tears......
I am sorry atthai . You treat me as your daughter , but I am hiding our life matters from you . But I don't have any other choice . I can't speak about our husband - wife matters to any one as you people will feel bad for us . Forgive me atthai , also I can't let Arjun down front of anyone , including myself too .
The whole day Roja was upset and cried inside her room .
A week passed.......
All this entire week Roja only missed Arjun and she was searching for him . She was already hurt by his behaviour towards her . She did not have food and beverages properly . Deepa would forcefully compelled her to have . Kalpana , though got suspicious about all these changes in Roja , she never questioned Roja about this , as she felt that to not disturb her further as she was already disturbed . One bright morning , Roja woke up and refreshed . She wore a dark green chudi . She kept her bindi , vermillion on her forhead and turned against the mirror , just then her head started to spin . She was about to faint and fall down , just then a warm arm embraced her waist . She didn't realize that and lost her consciousness . The one who held her was none other than Arjun . He just now returned and he was shocked to see her in such a state . He held her strongly in his arms and patted on her cheeks in a tensed manner .
Roja , Roja what happened to you ? . Open your eyes .
His voice depicted his tense . Yet Roja didn't open her eyes , he quickly carried her and layed her on the bed .

Roja's POV :

I woke up my eyes , around me , atthai , Deepa and Sumathi aunty were speaking to the doctor . Just then I realized I was unconscious a while ago . But......but.....someone held me , I could feel . Just then I saw something....no....no.....someone.....it was.....it......was......him , my Arjun , looks like he came back . He was wearing a dark green formal shirt and black pant , holding a glass of water he walked towards me . A smile creeped on my lips , just then I controlled it and remembered what he did . I closed my fist in anger . He kept the glass on table and sat next to me, the doctor replied.....

        Sorry to say this Arjun , don't you know to take care of your wife ? .

Atthai added on.......
Exactly , didn't you call and speak to her this entire week ? .

Author's POV :
Arjun was about say no , but Roja held his hand and replied......
He called to me atthai , but somewhat I was tired . So , I guess I fainted .
Arjun was stunned by the way she took his side . He looked at her eyes deeply . She spoke through her eyes to him........
No matter what , I can't let you down front of others .
He understood and looked down......

Doctor replied.....
   But Roja , shouldn't your husband take care of you ? .
Kalpana added on.........
What if he behaves so careless when you are pregnant ? .  Won't it affect his own wife and baby ? . I want my son , daughter in law and my grandchild to live happily
Arjun just looked down . Roja thought.......
Sorry atthai , that looks impossible . Your son did not accept me as his wife , then how will we become parents  ? . Wish no one from our family keeps hopes on us .
Deepa asked the doctor......
Doctor , now what is the condition of my sister in law ? .
Doctor replied.....
She is just tired and weak . She didn't consume food properly . Otherwise she fine . Don't worry .
Kalpana caressed Roja and made her sleep on her lap.  When she felt better, everyone left , except Arjun . He was sitting so close to Roja . He gave her the tablet prescribed by the doctor . She frowned and took it and drank water and gulped it and tried to get up , while Arjun held her hand . She was stunned.  He made her sit on the bed and somehow stammering , he asked her ,
  What happened to you ? . Why didn't you have food properly ? .
Roja lost her temper . She thought.......
Why does it bother him ? .
Arjun asked the same thing again , this time she asked him.......
Why does it bother you ? .

Arjun was shocked by her question .

What happens next ? .