His fairy Princess - Demetri

Demetri x fem! fairy! short reader

Request from tumblr: Hii! If it's okay, can I please request a Demetri x fem!fairy!princess!short!reader (she's in her early twenties) where she's Demetri's mate and they meet when Demetri, Felix, Jane, and Alec are on a mission? Maybe she saw them and started following them out of curiosity, drawn to the tracker in particular, him obviously knowing that she's following him, and he confronts her... ready to attack, but then he sees this adorable tiny girl with wings, and when he looks into her eyes he knows that she's his mate. Him definitely asking the little princess to come back to Volterra with him + the two of them having a very playful, teasing relationship + lots of sweet kisses

Who was he ? He was... interesting to say the least. Beautiful, too. Too much to be human.

That's why you decided to follow them. They were so intriguing! Who were they? What were they doing here? You kept it low, making sure you were hidden from them... Until you weren't. Damn, he had spotted you. When he turned to look at you, you were expecting the worse, after all he was ready to attack you, but this beauty just walked towards you, and smiled. you very confused at why he was doing that, so you looked up at him.

Crimson eyes met faerie ones, and from that moment you knew things would never be the same again.

He looked at you, small fairy dressed in a light blue dress, wings shining in the sunlight that was piercing from the cover of trees. His skin was shining, too, he knew it.

"I'm Demetri. And you are you, my little darling?"

Demetri knew that you were his mate, and that he would always protect you and watch over you from now. And what a small and cute thing you were! Your kind could leave very long, eternals you were called, for you could not die of natural cause, remaining young and beautiful forever, with shiny wings to carry you wherever you wanted.

A fairy and a vampire! What a surprise! But nonetheless, you packed your things and left with him. You could not let him go without you, and you always wanted to go to an adventure anyway. And what could be more of an adventure than a castle full of vampires?

Volterra was nice, and you loved how the Italian sun felt on your skin. You had free access to the garden, and living with vampires did not scare you. After all, your blood smelt so sweet and sugary it was disgusting to them, and it was not like their venom could do anything to your anatomy, the magic running through your veins was ensuring that.

A lot found it funny how such a small and cute fairy would just follow the tall vampire around, but Demetri loved it. He loved everything about you. You were his mate, and to his eyes you were perfect, and nothing could change that.

What started as a friendship turned into something more, slowly, in a way you did not noticed until one day, you saw. You saw how beautiful his skin and hair looked under the sun. The way his eyes would light up when he was doing something he loved, or even better when he would see you. You, the light of his eyes, happiness incarnated, a little sunshine that never burned and was oh so sweet and lovely, way too lovely. Oh, how much you had him wrapped around your finger and yet were not aware of that! For a while you thought only you loved him.

But how wrong you were! He liked teasing you, calling you his small fairy, his little love, his darling, hoping that you would get the hint that he liked you too, that all he wanted was to hold your smaller frame tight against his and never let go, cherishing you as long as he was alive. How was he supposed to tell you?

Felix had suggested that he should just walk to you and tell you straight that he loved you. But Demetri had called his brother crazy! How could he face you, then, if you did not return his feelings! He would have lost you, lost his mate forever! This thought was unbearable to him.

So your Demetri tried his best to make you understand he liked you, trying to understand your feelings. And all it took was a playful hide and seek.

As often when Demetri had a little time off, you were using your magic to try to hide from him. But this time, you were a little tired and fell off the huge piece of furniture you were hiding on. Your wings fluttered, and you came face to face with a scared Demetri, afraid you would hurt yourself. He brought you close to his body, holding you tight and breathing into your scent that calmed him down. You felt so safe and secure in his embrace that you did not move, not until he did. All of the emotions he had in his eyes... You flew a little, keeping your face close to his and kissed him.

That kiss was everything you had ever wanted. And even more, because behind the sweetness and emergency, there was something more. A promise.

That's how Felix found you a few moments later, a big grin on his face as he exclaimed a loud "Finally!" that made you terribly embarrassed. But your Demetri just laughed, and taking you in his arms, he ran to his room so he could have you just for himself. Many kisses were shared that day, along with soft promises of lovely forever shared together.

Everything was so easy now that Demetri was your love. Everyone in the castle was so happy that after so long Demetri had found his mate, they had welcomed you warmly into their family. The biggest surprise was how much Jane liked you, maybe because you were gentle with her and the two of you would have nice tea parties in the garden. You teased Demetri to no ends with the face he made when he first saw you with Jane, sun glistening on her skin and your wings, dressed in pretty dresses and drinking out of porcelain teacups decorated of strawberries.

Even after a while, your love was not that used to it and you loved to tease him by trying to get him to participate, your laughter answering him every time he would make up excuses, before you would kiss him and join your newfound little sister. You could never be more thankful than to fate who put Demetri on your way that day.