The Lost Boys (1987)

The Lost Boys' darling

poly! lost boys x Emerson! reader 

I've been feeling these looks on me for a while now. It has been coming back every night ever since we moved to Santa Carla. I was glad mom had finally left dad, because living with him was slowly becoming a nightmare. But the fact that he got to keep everything after the divorce was fucked up. Moving away from Phoenix was relieving, even if I knew I would miss it's scene that became my safe haven over the years. It would be hard to get to see ACDC live here, but the local bands were some kind of good rock n' roll.

Keeping my old hearse felt out of place, so I sold it for a good price in cash and I was waiting for a new bike to buy. Since Michael was out all night and slept during the day, I would use his bike to get to my job at the library, paying in exchange for the fuel. He would also take me to the boardwalk when I asked him to, so I could enjoy some live music.

That's how I met them: the bikers of the boardwalk. The four handsome boys in punk rock jackets, that the locals said were bad news.

Michael had gotten a thing for the girl that was with them, and ended up getting dared to race with them. When their blond leader with a mullet asked me if I wanted one of them to give me a ride, I declined, pretending that I needed to watch over Sam. He then smiled at me, saying that we would meet again. I felt a shiver run down my spine as he called me kitten. I walked away, feeling their eyes burning my back until I was out of sight. They were bad news yet somehow I wanted them so bad.

This is how everything started. It had now become a habit to feel like someone was watching over me at night no matter what I was doing at the boardwalk.
As much as this feeling could be scary it actually made me feel safer than I've ever been. As if someone was watching over me to be sure I was safe from all harm. The first time I noticed this was when a drunk man tried to bother me one night. I managed to walk away unscraped and the next day I saw his face on a missing poster.

Without any proof I was convinced that it was them. I would sometimes spot them in the corners of my eyes, but they let me alone. After the third week, I caught myself hoping that they would come bother me. My wish got exauced one evening.

Marko

Ever since I was a child I have always been greatly fond of carousels. As I got older my mom expected this passion to fade away but it never did. So here I was, getting on the carousel of the boardwalk. Spotting a black horse I made my way toward it, until someone accidentally pushed me. Bracing myself for the impact I closed my eyes, ready for the impact but it never came. Opening my eyes, I saw a boy around my age, with pretty blond curls and an angelic face.

"Right in time baby" he said with a smile. He let me go, presenting himself as Marko and then carefully lifted me on the black horse. I thanked him with a shy smile, expecting him to go away but to my surprise he stood by my horse as the carousel was put in motion. We chatted the whole time, and despite his teasing I felt at ease with him. I didn't want him to leave me, I couldn't get enough of his presence. I think he knew how I felt because after he helped me down as the ride ended, he took my hand in his and let me to the games.

Marko won me prices, handing me plushies after plushies with one of the brightest smiles I've ever seen. For the first time in a while I felt like I was where I belonged, holding hands with one of the most feared person of the boardwalk.

Sensing I was getting tired, he led me to the place where his friends and Mickey were. Once there, he simply told my brother he would be driving me home, not letting him time to argue. Cheers erupting from his friend blondie as I got behind Marko on his bike, holding him tight as he drove us away.