Just Like Heaven - Felix

Felix Volturi x gn! reader

I decided to continue my campain to convince everyone that Felix is husband material, so I wrote this little thing. Kind of a continuation of Adore You in the reader's characterisation (and self indulgent as usual), and inspired by Volterran Wine like most of my Volturi work.

It was such a long day to spend on your own. Your beloved Felix was really busy as usual, but you did not hold it against him. No you could never ! You were proud of your mate.

But time was becoming very long. Everyone was busy, and Demetri wasn't even in the castle: he was away with Afton retrieving something for Aro. Without your favorite book friend, the library felt terribly lonely. But even if the tracker wasn't here with you, he left you his favorite book to read, Manfield Park, when he learnt that of all the fantastic work of Jane Austen, you had only read Pride and Prejudice. How sacrilegious of you, who proclaimed to have a degree in Library Science (which you really had, but in France) and had only read one Austen novel! His enthusiasm about it had made you smile, and the fact that he was ready to let you read one of his favorite books made you happy, for it was a way for two rats de bibliothèque to feel closer. You knew he was more than a brother to Felix, and it was important for you that Felix' two mates got along. And to your pleasure, it was really nice to be friend with Demetri. The two of you were both quite anxious, so it would be a slow process, but neither of you minded much.

Sprawled on Demetri's favorite sofa by the fireplace, a forgotten glass of vine by lit candelabras, a Cure album playing in your music player, you were deep in the reading. So deep that you had been here for so long that it was now closer to the beginning of a day for the vampires that you thought it was. Completely immersed in the book, ravished to get closer to Demetri as reading one's favorite book could be oh so personal, you did not notice the silhouette leaning in the doorframe, watching you with softness in his eyes.

Felix, for it was your loved one that was looking at you with such adoration in his eyes, was waiting for you to notice him. But you were far too engrossed in your story, so after a few minutes he decided that if he did not want to waste the few hours he had with you today, he would have to bring you back to earth if he wanted to see your pretty smile turned at him. He approached you slowly, and then softly touched your shoulder. It was enough to bring you back to the world, and you jolted, only relaxing when you realized that it was only your love. The way you said his name with such affection made him shiver, you loved him as much as he loved you: he couldn't wait to turn you so you could spend your forever together.

You got up, blew out the candles, before grabbing Demetri's precious book and leaving with your beloved to your shared place.

"How was your day mon Coeur?" Felix gladly answered your question, talking about his day and the training of the guards, then asking about your day. "How about you, Sweetheart? Did you spent your day reading again?" To your defense, there wasn't much to do in the castle as a human, and reading was a respectable way to occupy your free time. Books had been a huge part of your human life before Felix, and even after rejoining ton amour's world this passion would remain. Felix liked to indulge you in this passion, and had added bookshelves to the room you both shared for all the books you brought with you.

Reaching said room, your gentleman held you the door, before closing it behind him. The two of you ended up indulging in one of his pastimes, which was movies. You had never been one too interested in movies, but Felix definitely had a good taste and managed to chose movies that you would both enjoy. Sitting on his lap, with his arms holding you tight against him, it was feeling just like heaven. But it's what Felix was, your beloved for whom you were ready to give up all humanity for was the best thing to happen in your life. And you wished it would last forever.

mon coeur : my heart

ton amour : your love