Chapter 15

Date: 14-08-1994

It's been three years since I was finally able to call you mine, and my love for you has grown over the days, weeks, months, and years. Every day, I discover something new about you. I'll never forget the day I asked you to move in with me. Your response made me realize that I should have asked you earlier. "I'm surprised it took you so long."

Living with you was way different from when you would visit and spend the night. Knowing that I get to wake up to your face every morning, and go to bed with you in my arms, felt right. I felt content and genuinely happy. You made my days brighter and my nights more peaceful and relaxing.

I sat watching as you get dress. I had planned to take you to the park where we first cross path, where I had a surprise waiting for you.

"Yaa go tell me weh we ago?"

"Are you going to tell me where we're going?" you asked as we drove off.

"Yaa go see when we reach deh."

"You will see when we get them." I replied, as you grumbled, looking away from me. Not long we were pulling into the parking lot. You remained seated, while I came around and open the door for you. You thanked me, after taking my hand in yours. I led you through the gates, watching as a big smile spread across your face and a look of recognition flashed across your eyes.

"This was where we first cross path." you declared. I agreed with a nod. We walked around for a while, just enjoying the scenery and listening to the birds. I became more nervous as we got closer to the exact time we met, and whenever you asked about it, I would shrug it off with one of my cheesy compliments.

I looked at my watch and saw that it was now 5:54 p.m. The exact time we crossed paths. The exact moment I was struck by your beauty, and my nerves go into overdrive.

As we continued to walk, the lights began to turn on. I gulp as I look around the park and see that there are still quite a few people there. My palms began to sweat as I continued to glance down at my watch, 1 minute. I return my gaze to you as you turn to smile. That smile never ceases to amaze me. Your eyes were filled with so much love as you continued to stare at me in my eyes. I felt trapped, almost hypnotized. I felt a rush of emotions rush through my body, causing me to shiver uncontrollably. 45 seconds I mentally counted.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" you commented, a small blush spread across your cheek. I smiled softly. 5:55 p.m., I glance at my watch quickly to see. I got down on one knee, pulling out the ring from my jacket, as you gasped.

I gulp nervously, as a feel eyes on us. "Patrika, my love, my soulmate. You've given me the reason to love again. To be open and free with my emotions. You.ve created a safe haven for me where it's easy to let down my guard and be vulnerable. You are my peace, the only person that sees and understand me. Will you do me the honour of becoming Mrs. Thorne," I finished. I It was quiet for a few moments as tears streamed from your eyes, your palm still resting over your mouth.

My heart felt like it was stuck in my throat. "Oh, God Yes!" you screamed before leaping on me, knocking both of us down. You smother me with kisses as I laugh, all the nervousness fading from my body. I put the ring on your finger before pulling you close and pressing my lips against yours. This kiss was slow and full of love, causing warmth to bloom in my chest. The sound of cheering and clapping reached my ears, causing us to separate. Coming down from the high, I could feel the concrete on my back, reminding me that we were still on the ground. You buried your head in my neck, embarrassed, as I laughed. I was overjoyed to know that soon you will be Patrika Thorne.