Chapter 5

Date: 12-08-1989

It was the day of the trip, and I was both excited and nervous to spend time away with you, even if it was a business trip.

I noticed the car I sent for you, pulling up behind mine in the airport parking lot.

"Good morning, Javier," you greeted, as you approach me.

"Good morning, Patrika," I replied, looking down at you.

You were dressed casually today, in purple sweatpants, a matching purple pullover, and white sneakers.

"Shall we?" I stepped aside and allow you to move forward. We were soon settling and ready for take-off. You took the window seat and I sat next you, wanting to be close to you. I pull out my laptop and got to work while you focus your attention out the window.

"Look at me" you stated, and I turn just in time to see your phone camera flashed. You look at the picture, nod, and then return your gaze back to the window.

I smiled and shook my head before getting back to work.

After a few moments, I looked over at you and saw that you were fast asleep. I stood up before taking you in my arms and went to the bed in the back of the jet.

You snuggled in my arms, and I pulled you closer to my chest, enjoying the feeling of having you in my arms. I lay you down on the bed and cover you with a blanket before placing a kiss on the forehead. I let my lips linger there for a minutes before moving away and returning to the seating area.

I went back to work, going over a few designs I knew Mr Coleman would like, as well as backup designs in case he didn't. I became absorbed in my work, carefully reviewing it to see if there was anything I could change to make it better. I wasn't sure how long I sat there working, but it seemed like a long time because the next thing I heard was the pilot announcing over the speaker that we would be landing soon. I sat back, closed my laptop, and waited for the jet to land.

I unbuckled as soon as the pilot said it was safe to do so and I noticed you walking up to me, as I stood up.

Yuh sleep good?"

"Did you sleep well?" I asked, and you nodded, before heading to the exit.

We were both seated in the car as we began our journey to the hotel, and I watched as your eyes took in the surrounding. The way your eyes lit up, made me extremely happy. I wouldn't mind traveling the entire world just to keep that look of awe on your face. You turned to face me, a big smile on your face as you squirmed in your seat filled with excitement.

I felt a smile break out on my face just watching how happy you were. "Dis beautiful eeh?"

"This is so beautiful" you gushed, and I nodded agreeing.

We arrive at the hotel, and we went inside. I place my hand on your lower back, guiding you to the receptionist. You stop abruptly and turn to me with a pale look. "Awa?"

"What is it?" I asked concerned.

"Uhm- you swallowed, looking away

"What's wrong?" I asked again, pulling your face back to mine.

"I assumed you were the only one going on the trip, so I only booked one room and completely forgot to book another after finding out that I will be join you." You look down, playing with your fingers.

"However, the room I reserved has two bedrooms. "I'm not sure-

"That's fine," I said, cutting you off. "We can share or book another room if you're uncomfortable."

You nodded and resumed your approach to the desk.

"Hello, Mr. and Mrs. Thorne," the receptionist greeted cheerfully, and I noticed your eyes widen before snapping to me. Mhmm, Mrs. Thorne sounded amazing.

"Bonjour" I greeted not correcting her. I could feel your eyes staring up at me.

"Is it possible that you have another room available? When I booked the room, I only booked for one" you spoke up.

The receptionist looks between us for a minute and pleaded with my eyes for her to say no. "

"Unfortunately, we're all booked out." The receptionist replied, with a look of sadness.

"But the room you booked is consist of two bedrooms with each having its own bathroom just a shared kitchen and living room. Is that okay?"

I look down at you, trying to figure out your reaction; when I noticed a smile on your face, I felt relieved. Even though I wanted you to be as close to me as possible for my selfish reasons. I would never force you to do anything if you were not comfortable.

"All right, that's fine. Sorry for the inconvenience."

"No problem at all," the receptionist said politely.

I nodded, and we turned to go to our room. As you walk ahead of me, I turn back to the receptionist mouthing a thank you and she nodded with two thumps up.

We step on the elevator and press the 8th floor. The ride was quiet and short, soon enough we were making our way to our room.

I open the door and step aside allowing you to enter. I watch as you look around the room, running your hands on the everything with a look of bliss on your face. A warm brown coated the entire living room, with a long blue couch positioned in the centre of room, facing the kitchen which was to my right. A table made of glass seated in front of the couch and in front of that, there was a 65 inch Tv that mounted on a grey brick wall slightly to the side of the view of the kitchen.

Looking over the living room, there was a large window with a perfect view of the Eiffel Tower as well as a small patio. I continue to watch as you step out on the balcony, taking a deep breath before releasing.

When you look back at me, your eyes were glistening with happiness. I love watching you. It may sound creepy. But I love watching the different emotions play out on your face.

I followed you as you walk down the hall, where I guess the rooms were located. There were two doors across from each other. You entered the one on your left which was huge. The room was painted grey and had thick royal blue curtains over the windows. Royal blue and grey sheets covering a king-sized bed, with the blue being more pronounced. A 7ft standing mirror and a small piece of furniture with a lamp were also present in the room. On the left, there was a closet, and straight ahead was another door, which I assume led to the bathroom. I follow directly behind you as you enter. The bathroom was also very large and had grey walls. It had a raining shower on one side and a bathtub on the other. There was also a face basin and toilet.

You shook your head and exited the room. We enter the other room, and it was just as huge but was opposite. Instead of grey walls, it was painted royal blue with grey thick curtains over the window. It was queen size bed with the same colour sheets but with the grey being more pronounced. Instead of a standing mirror, the mirror was installed in the wall.

You entered the bathroom, which was the same size as the previous one, with the same design and placement. The entire suite was beautiful.

"Which one will it be" you look up at me.

"Any is fine" I replied, shrugging.

"Okay, I'll take this one, you can have the other" I nodded my head, agreeing. I wish we could've just shared a room.

I went back to my room and head to shower. It was quick since I was drain from the day. As my head hit the pillow I was out.