Chapter 1

Javier Thorne POV

Date: 13-08-1988

I remembered the first time I saw you. It had been a rough day at the office, and I needed a breath of fresh air. The park was a bit deserted, so I allowed myself to get lost in my thoughts, listening to nature.

After a few hours had pass, it has got darken out, so I began to make my way back to entrance, and that was when I saw you. You were walking from the opposite side of the park, approaching the main gate. I froze, transfixed by your beauty and the small smile that was on your lips. I felt the beat of my heart quicken in my chest, as you steadily drew closer. You made your way past me, giving me a tiny wave before carrying on and it felt like my heart had exploded. Is this what they meant by love at first sight?

I continue to stand froze, unable to give you a reaction. It felt like butterflies were fluttering around in my stomach and my palms were drenched with sweat. I needed to say something or do something, but by the time I was able to muster the guts to return your hello, you had already left. And it felt like my heart was shattered to pieces. I sigh, making my way to my car. I needed to see you again, I wasn't sure how, but I'll find away.

Unbeknownst to you I started to visit that park every day, trying to see if I could catch you walking by again. But you never did. I never got to see your beautiful face again until you stepped into my office for the Personal Assistant position.

Date: 27-09-1988

When you introduce yourself, I felt my tongue tied and was literally in awe. Your voice was so smooth and gentle, making a gentle shiver flow throughout my body.

The words you spoke to me, will forever be embedded in my heart. "Good morning, Mr. Thorne, I'm here for the interview."

I'm not sure why hearing that statement from you made me feel so different, because I've heard it countless of times, yet still yours was the only one worth remembering.

It wasn't until you cleared your throat and jolted me of out of my trance that I realized I hadn't addressed you.

"Good morning, Miss" I waited for you to fill in the blank.

"Rose" you replied. Your voice so sweet.

"Good morning, Miss Rose." I tested your name on my lips. Loving the way, you shudder.

"Have a seat" I said, clearing my throat. The room felt hot despite the air conditioning being on.

I took off my jacket, trying to relax. Your presence made me nervous. Just by looking at you, had me hot and bothered.

"Have you ever worked in this environment before." I started, trying to keep my voice under control.

You had already gotten the job. Even if you have never worked a day in your life. I still would've given it to you, just to have you here with me, every day. Never losing sight of you again.

"No", your adorable little voice broke me from my thoughts.

"Bu-but. I'm hardworking and I'm a fast learner." You said once again before grimace.

Cute.

"What do you know about this company?"

"Both of your parents; Nathaniel Thorne and Lorita Thorne, created this empire. Prior to expanding to the design of hotels, their main focus was designing Airbnb. When you took over at the age of 23, you got involved with owning hotels and night clubs. Your company continue to grow as you continue to own or design Airbnb, hotels and night clubs, all over the world. "

I felt a smirk break across my face. As I nodded.

"Hand over your resume," I softy command, trying not to frighten you. But by the trembling of your fingers, as you fetch the documents, it showed that you were a bit scared. I took the documents from your outstretched hand, before our hand could touch, you pulled away and I felt a slight pain in my chest before it faded.

I look through the pages, seeing where you were working from the age of 18, you're currently 21. You have worked at a mechanic shop, a bakery, and a restaurant.

Ambitious. I like that.

"Why should I hire you as my personal assistant?" I took my eyes away from your CV and back to you.

You smiled softly, "I see that my skills and experience match well with the job description. Based on my previous experience I believe that I will be able to effectively execute these duties."

I nodded before moving to my next question, "what personal assistant task do you feel you excel at?"

"I excel at keeping track of my client's or manager's calendar and correspondence. I'm organize, I have excellent communication skills, and a good knowledge of technology. Although I appreciate every aspect of being a personal assistant, these are all the things I'm particularly good at, therefore this area of the job is enjoyable to me."

I felt a slight smile break out on my face at your response to that question. You radiated such self-assurance and confidence that it melted my insides.

I continue to ask you question and with every answer you provided; it made my heart swell. It was like I was peeking inside of your mind. Seeing how you analyse the question before provided an excellent answer.

I got so distracted by the way you would run your tongue across your lips whenever you feel like you're talking for too long or the way your eyes would light up once you're answering a question.

You were truly magnificent. I could listen to you all day, every day.

I didn't know so much time had pass until there was a knock on the door interrupting you from answering another question. I felt pissed at the person that had cause you to stop speaking, preventing me from hearing your lovely voice.

I snap my gaze at the intruder, "what is it Ms. Thylon?" My voice coming out cold and angry.

"Uhm sir." She stuttered. "Your 10:00 appointment is here. Mr Welthom"

Shit. I look at the clock above her head to see that it was indeed 10:00. I didn't realize that we were talking for so long. I stood up, "my apologies Ms Rose. I'm afraid we must cut this interview short, seeing that I have a very important meeting. Ms Thylon will reach out to you, to let you know if you were selected. Once again, I'm terribly sorry."

"It's okay Mr. Thorne. Thank you so much for your time today" you smiled up at me as my heart stop. You got up, picking up your bag and move towards the exit. I couldn't help it as my eyes trail down your body, and rest on your waist and ass, watching as it swings, as you walk.

You didn't know what you were doing to me. My heart felt heavy as you walk out of my office, and I knew then that I was falling in love with you.