Chapter 18

Date:27-09-2001

Our first two months with our first son were frantic. We were both new parents, so we were both unfamiliar with this. Thank God, we had our parents to guide us through each step. But we got better at it over time. Our son was a happy baby boy, and while he did cry occasionally, it was nothing compared to what I had expected.

Our second son, Nicolai Dominick Thorne, was born on September 27th, 2001. That pregnancy was a little easier. I didn't freeze up when your water broke. I was still a bit worried, but it wasn't too bad.

I was able to balance work and home life. Even though work sometimes overlapped, you never once chastised me for it. You were always so patient and understanding. That is something I am eternally grateful for.

I recall days when you were so exhausted that you either dazed out or fell asleep. I would let you rest while I took care of everything. I love the look of gratitude in your eyes when you wake up to clean house, babies a sleep, or simply idling away while food is ready for you to eat.

My favourite times were always those spent with our family. I enjoy spending time in the country with you and our children. In some ways, the country was preferable to the city. The disadvantage was that it was a little slow in terms of finances. However, it was quiet, peaceful, warm, and relaxing.

As the years passed, our children grew, and so did my love for you. Every day, I discover another reason to adore you. Every day, you find a way to make me happy. You make my life easier every day.