Chapter 17

Date: 30-07-1996

It has been five years since I've been able to call you mine.

Our honeymoon was one of the most memorable months of my life. We travelled to Indonesia and honeymooned in Bali. My heart would fill with pride whenever I would introduce you as my wife, or just simple knowing that you're my wife. I was deeply in love with you, and my love for you grows stronger as we grow older.

You are a beautiful woman on the inside and out. I appreciate you, loving me and being there for me physically, emotionally, and mentally. I appreciate how you always went out of your way to make sure I was happy. I admire the woman you were and the progress you've made over the years. I'm proud of you for finally overcoming your fear and publishing your book. I'm not sure why you were afraid in the first place. Your book is one of the top five most popular books in the world.

Our marriage life has been going great, yes, we do argue but it's never serious and we both can't stay mad for long. The best thing about us is that we can communicate with each other. I've never been a fan of verbally expressing my feelings and thoughts, so you devised a solution by making us write down what's wrong, then we got together to solve the problem. That was extremely helpful throughout our dating and marriage. Because most of the time I get so angry or frustrated that I can't get my words out.

It was my day off from work, and I was lounging around eating junk food. You got up and went into the bathroom to relieve yourself, but when I looked at my watch, I realized it had been a while. "Hey, ugly?" I called out. "Are you still alive in there?"

There was no reply.

"Alien head." I called out once more, but you still did not respond. I was becoming concerned at this point. I got up from the couch and turned to go to the bathroom, but my steps were cut short when I noticed you standing behind me, arms behind your back, biting your lips as if you were trying to stop yourself from spilling whatever was behind you. I raised an eyebrow, amused. "Wapm to yuh."

"What's wrong with you." I inquired.

"Lock uh eyes and wull out uh hand."

"Close your eyes and extend your hand," you said, still trying to keep the smile from spreading across your lips.

I shut my eyes and extended my hand to you. It was quiet for a few moments until I heard your light footsteps approaching me and felt a small rectangular object in my palm.

"Aight, open uh eyes."

"All right, now open your eyes." You gushed. I could hear the delight in your voice.

When I opened my eyes, I was met with a big grin on your face. You locked your gaze on me before darting down to my palm, then back to my eyes, then back to my palm. I finally looked down and froze when I saw what I was holding. It was a pregnancy test, and it was positive.

It was fucking positive. I return my gaze to you, double-checking that I'm seeing what I think I'm seeing. You nodded in response to the unspoken question, and I pulled you into my arms and twirled you around. You scream joyfully while hugging me tightly.

"We're having a baby?" I stated, still amazed. "I'm going to be a father."

I placed you back on your feet. "And you're going to be a wonderful mother." I pulled you into a kiss. Showing how happy and grateful I was. "Thank you," I breathe out once we pulled a part.

"I love you," you replied, tears still in your eyes.

Date:30-04-1997

On May 4, 1997, at 5:55 p.m., we welcomed our first child into the world.