The Start Of A New Family

We offered our services to help clean up Xandar to the best of our ability due to the destruction of the war. The ensuing week we each took time to heal and help where we could. They also held a funeral for Aren and it was close to an Asgardian funeral. It was beautiful ceremony and I would forever hold him in my heart. I missed him so much and I knew that wasn't going to go away anytime soon. They had mentioned to me what he came and said and that filled my heart even more. He truly was like the father I had deserved.

All of us were called to meet with the Nova Prime and we weren't sure exactly why. We had already turned the stone over to them. The most surprising part was when they said they needed to show Peter and I something first. They excused everyone from the room except for Peter and I.

"Why would you even know this?" Peter asked them confused.

"When we arrested you, we noticed an anomaly in your nervous system, so we had it checked out." Officer Dey explained as he showed us a hologram of Peter's body.

"I'm not Terran?" Peter said surprised.

"You are half Terran. Your mother was of Earth." Nova Prime mentioned stepping in. "Your father, well, he's something very ancient we've never seen here before."

"That must be why you were able to hold the stone for as long as you did alone." I said as I examined the hologram. "I do not believe that even I had ever seen something like this."

"Ah, your friends have arrived." Nova Prime mentioned as the air hissed and the doors opened. Revealing Gamora, Drax and Rocket who was holding a little potted stick in his hands. "On behalf of the Nova Corps, we'd like to express our profound gratitude for your help in saving Xandar. If you all will follow Denarian Dey, he has something to show you."

"Thank you, Nova Prime." I nodded at her and she came forward surprisingly pulling me in for a hug. "Oh, uh, thank you."

"No, thank you, dear. You have proven your worth here in Xandar as far as we are concerned. You are welcome back here anytime. I remember how much you used to love coming here."

"I did and I do." I chuckled.

I followed after the others catching up to Gamora and Drax.

"Your wife and child shall rest well knowing that you have avenged them." Gamora stated at Drax with a slight smile.

"Yes." Drax nodded. "Of course, Ronan was only a puppet. It's really Thanos I need to kill."

His words made Gamora and I pause our footsteps and look at each other worriedly. This was going to be a long road then... We followed out after the others to see them looking at a brand new, bigger orange and blue Milano replica.

"We tried to keep it as close to the original as possible. Salvaged as much as we could." Dey said proudly as we all admired the new ship.

"Wow... I-I... Thank you." Peter smiled and nodded at Dey.

"Truly, this is amazing." I said walking over to Peter's side.

"I have a family. They're alive because of you. Your criminal records have also been expunged. However, I have to warn you against breaking any laws in the future."

"Question." Rocket said and we looked down at him. "What if I see something that I want to take, and it belongs to someone else?"

"You will be arrested." Dey told him simply.

"But what if I want it more than the person who had it?" Rocket insisted.

"It's still illegal."