Back On The Ravager Ship

The cold void of space suddenly felt warm. Particularly on my cheeks. I allowed my eyes to flutter open and they widened in surprise. Peter was out here in front of me. His hands on my face. One lowered to my waist, holding me close, while the other wrapped around the back of my neck. I watched in shock and chilled, unable to stop him due to how long I had already been floating out here, as he moved his mask and placed it behind my ear. Clicking the button and having the mask cover my face.

    He was human, he would die in seconds, unlike me. But he was doing this for me. I gasped as the mask had covered my face. I couldn't even form any words. My hand barely connected to his as a light formed around us. We were being beamed into a ship.

    We both rolled to the ground and Peter landed on top of me, his body in between my legs. The frost that covered our skins slowly moved away. I gasped and was able to reach up lowering the mask from my face. I looked up at the man that was willing to give his life for mine. He was never someone I wanted to live without.

    So I did the only logical thing to do as he gasped for air. His hand landed on my cheek as he looked me over. I lifted my hand and touched his cheek that he leaned into grateful that I was even still alive. And I leaned up and kissed him. My lips landed on Peter's and immediately his lips moved with mine.

    "I love you." I breathed as I laid my head back down to the ground. Peter pressed his forehead against mine and pecked my lips once more.

    "I love you more."

    "W-What happened?" I asked looking around slightly. I groaned realizing where we were.

    "I-I saw you out there. I just couldn't let you die. Not without getting the chance to tell you how wrong you are." Peter whispered as he held his hand to my cheek. I raised a brow at him questionably. "We belong together. You and me. That's it. That's all I want and will ever need. People die everyday, Y/n. I could die tomorrow, but I never want to spend another minute without calling you mine."

    "Oh, Peter..." I whispered back softly.

    "I'm not done, Y/n." Peter smiled and I rolled my eyes. "When I saw you out there dying. It also made me find something inside myself. Something incredibly heroic... I mean, not to brag, but objectively..."

    "Shut up, Peter." I stated and leaned forward silencing him myself with my lips against his.

    "You two are in so much trouble!" Aren's voice rang out from beside us as he ran into the ship bay. Peter and I pulled away from each other wide eyed and turned our heads to look at him. "I, uh, guess I should have expected this at some point." He said awkwardly.

The door hissed as air was released. It moved open, Yondu and the rest of the Ravagers came bargaining in with their guns raised.

    "Welcome home, Peter, you too, Y/n." Kraglin state with a slight frown.

The crew had come over and lifted Peter from off me, while Aren and Kraglin grabbed me from off the floor. They dragged us towards the control room, placing magical cuffs on me and I groaned in annoyance. Many of the Ravagers held each of us back, especially while they started beating on Peter.

    "You betray me!" Yondu yelled and punched Peter in the gut. "Steal my money!"

    "Stop it!" I cried out. "Leave him alone!"

    "When I picked you up as a kid, these boys wanted to eat you." Yondu growled and grabbed Peter's face in his hands. "They ain't never tasted Terran before. I saved your life!"

    "Stop it!" I shouted.

    "Oh, will you shut up about that!" Peter cringed and shouted. "God! Twenty years, you've been throwing that in my face, like it's some great thing, not eating me. Normal people don't even think about eating someone else! Much less that person having to be grateful for it! You abducted me, man... You stole me from my home, from my family."