The Infinity Stone

The three of us ran outside to find Groot, Drax, and Rocket fighting. I grabbed Drax's shoulder and ripped him off Groot, while Gamora got in the middle putting her hands up between Rocket and his gun pointed at Drax within his sights.

    "Stop it!" I demanded moving towards Gamora.

    "Whoa, whoa! What are you doing?!" Peter shouted as he came over getting in the middle too.

    "This vermin speaks of affairs he knows nothing about!" Drax yelled.

    "That is true!" Rocket yelled in agreement.

    "He has no respect!"

    "That is also true!"

    "Hold on! Hold on!" Peter yelled.

    "Keep calling me vermin, tough guy! You just want to laugh at me like everyone else!"

    "Rocket, you're drunk. All right? No one is laughing at you." I told him gently. I moved away from Drax as Gamora held him back and I moved closer towards Rocket.

    "He thinks I'm some stupid thing! He does! Well, I didn't ask to get made. I didn't ask to be torn apart, and put back together, over and over! And turned into some... Some little monster." Rocket admitted and I gasped hurt for him.

    "Rocket... You are not a monster." I told him sternly.

    "You might not think so, but he called me Vermin! She calls me Rodent!" Rocket yelled pointing at Gamora and Drax. "Let's see if you can laugh after five or six good shots to your fricken' face!" He lifted his gun towards the two.

Peter and I both jumped in front of them.

    "No, no, no, no!" Peter and I both stammered.

    "Five billion units! Rocket!" Peter yelled. " Suck it up for one more lousy night and you're rich."

    "Come on, Rocket. Lower the gun. I'll make sure they don't say those things anymore." I said moving slowly towards him. He slowly started to lower the gun as my hand lightly pressed down on it.

    "Fine. But I can't promise, when all this is over I'm not gonna kill every last one of you jerks."

    "See? That's exactly why none of you have any friends! Five seconds after you meet somebody, you're already trying to kill them!" Peter shouted looking around at us all. His eyes lingered on me a little longer than most.

    "We have travelled, halfway across the quadrant. And Ronan is no closer to being dead." Drax huffed and walked away.

    "Drax!" Peter called after him.

    "Let him go." Gamora said. "We don't need him."

The door to Tivan's collection suddenly opened, out walked his assistant.

    "Mi'lady Y/n. I'm here to fetch you for my master." Carina, his Xandarian slave walked out and bowed towards me and gestured her arm for us to walk down the hallway.

Peter, Gamora, Groot and Rocket walked back with me as we entered the collection room.

    "Okay, this isn't creepy at all." Rocket stated as he looked around at all the cases filled with things.

    "We house the galaxies largest collection of fauna, relics, and species of all manner. I present to you, Tanleer Tivan, The Collector." Carina introduced as we walked towards the strange man I could never get used to seeing. He turned towards us with spectacles on his face and as he started walking he removed them.