Loving from afar - 1

His POV

I am sitting on the hall area with my whole family and there is someone else also present, My mama "Jagat Shah", My mami "Prafulla Shah" and My mami ki behen ki beti "Raavi".
All the members of my family and her family was talking about alliance, marriage alliance do you know whose off course RAAVI and DEV. All are happy with the decision, all are laughing loudly but raavi wasn't in it she was lost somewhere in her thoughts but I am sure she is also happy. All are enjoying their talks except for me, I was burning in anger thinking this mami ki behen ki beti is gonna become my bhabhi soon. I don't want this to happen, my heart was screaming, crying and asking me to confess something and stop all this.
But how, how could I snatch all of their happiness for my selfishness. How?

Hi I am SHIVA, SHIVA PANDYA known as jangli, gawar, anpaad, jahil, masale ki dukan and what's not, everybody thinks I am heartless and hate each and every single person around except my family, every one thinks I hate raavi even my family thinks soo, they even think I hate raavi that much that I could even hurt her if I get chance, really. But should I tell you a secret, shh don't tell others ha I don't hate everyone, I am also a human, I also have heart, I also have feelings, I also feel hurt and ya I also fall for someone.

I love someone, yes I am in love with someone and you know who is that person, the person is non other than my "mami ki behen ki beti". That mami ki behen ki beti whom I always introduce as my enemy, whom I always declare to hate the most in the world but no I don't hate her, I had never ever hated her, not even a single second but I always end up calling her my enemy and saying I hate her. Do you know why, wanna know? let's get back, 10 years back.

_______

So Yaa. Welcome to our childhood.
Everything was perfect someday back, raavi and I was the bestest friend, may be she was the cursh of me at that time also, I don't know I am not sure I was child at that time na, Things was going very well, All of us was really very happy, my family was happy, my and raavi's friendship was going smoothly.

My Baba was my hero, he was even raavi's hero too because he always used to give raavi love just like he give to us, he was protective toward her also, all the things was very good until that dreadful day when my baba died because of that mami and maa get paralysed because of the shock. That day everything get shattered, I became broken. I even distanced myself from my raavi in pain and fear. That time don't know why but I thought raavi is mami ki behen ki beti what if she also become like her masi and broke me again and I start neglecting her, running away from her. But my heart was always connected to her, every single day I crave to see her and talk to her, I wanted to crying hugging her because after Baba and maa she was the only person who was more near to my heart but the fear was pushing me away from her.

Like this time went a little, after almost 1 month at her birthday I was missing her more than before, I went to my favourite tree and sit there alone for sometime then I thought what am I doing is correct and my heart scream "no". What if something bad was done by my maa was that my fault no just like that raavi have no fault on what ever her masi did I realise that, I realise that we need eachother, she don't have her parents and I also don't have, ya I have maa but she is away from me even after staying at the same home she is not with me because of her bad health condition. I realise raavi and I have only eachother as a friend. I immediately rush to home take my bag and take out some last remaining money which I had kept for buying a birthday gift for raavi before baba's death. Almost 2month before she had told me that she wanted that dress but her masi wasn't allowing her, that day only I had decided to buy her that dress and start saving money, Baba had knew that so he had given me extra money so that I can buy the dress for her.

I went and buy her favourite white colour gown for her and went to meet her but I get heartbroken seen her with Dev at park. Dev was calling her, his friend. I get shocked how could it happen no she is my best friend, my raavi. I feel so much jealousy and get angry on dev. I keep the dress at bench and went toward them. Raavi look at me and smile then give me a quick hug and parted away before I could reciprocate the hug, I get little disappointed but I was happy also because she hugged me after a whole month although it was only me who was running away from her in fear like she will gonna eat me but I was craving for her hugs and seen her smile.

"Shiva tu aaha parkme aur itne gusse me keu hai aur dekhna mai kyase lagrahi hu masi ne mujhe new dress dilai birthday gift". Raavi speak while trolling around, I was already in anger listening dev and mami's name added fuel on it. But seen raavi's happiness I forget about mami, I was about to say that she is looking pretty and also about to say sorry for neglecting her but my stupid brother start speaking in between raising my anger to the top.

"Raavi tu bohot acchi lagrahi hai avi koi puchne ki baat hai" Dev speak smilingly and raavi get happy listening her praise but I get angry on Dev as he snatch the chance from me to make my raavi happy.

"Accha beta tu hai shiva, shiva se pucha tha na usne bichme keu kuda rukh tujhe avi batata hu" I smirk on mind and snatch Gola from raavi's hand. I wanted to throw it in Dev but it lands on my raavi, destroying her new dress and making my raavi cry. I feel guilty and about to say sorry but

"Shiva tune meri nai dress kharab kardi tujhe pata tha na masi mujhe meri favourite white gown nai dila rahi aaj unhone mujhe meri second favourite dress dilai or tune kharab kardi tu bohot ganda hai bohot ganda" raavi speak while crying looking at her dress. I again try to speak but again my stupid brother speak up. "Shiva tu pagal hai yase koi karta hai"

"Dev tu bichme mat par yeh mene raavi.... " I was about to justify but mami comes there and start shouting on me for making raavi cry. I was in guilt for making her cry but seen mami and that kangan on her hand I remember my Baba and maa's condition which raise my anger and I end up saying "ha maja aata hai mujhe teri beti ko rulane me, mera jab man karega mai ise rulaunga kya karlegi tu mami bol ha kya karlegi tujhe pata hai I hate you aur tujhse jhude sab ko hate karta hun samjhi"

And that's it I unknowingly broke my raavi's heart and our friendship that moment. I instantly realised my words, I realised "tujhse Jude log" means my raavi also, she is also attached to mami, no I don't hate my raavi never. I look at raavi and about to talk to raavi to clear that I wasn't talking about her but she went from there after saying "If you hate masi and me then I also hate you"

I take the dress and went home, that day after listening "I hate you" from raavi I realise how much "I love her" and "I can't live without her" but the things had already went wrong, I hate myself for distancing myself from raavi after baba's death and saying I hate her unknowingly and that whole night I cried at my fate, first I lost my Baba, then maa's physical condition is not good and now I completely lost my best friend, my love raavi.

_________________________________

__________________________________***