CHAPTER 23

‘Our bet ends here. You won.’

__

Habang tanaw ang susi ng sasakyan ni Thana na hawak ko ay ang siyang pagbalot ng konsensya sa buong pagkatao ko. Even though she's mad, she still thinks of my safety. Meanwhile, I have been putting her life in danger since yesterday. Leaving her on the road after she tells me someone has been following her, making her wait for how many hours and forgetting our date. 

I just want to make things better. But I did it all the wrong way. I could've just directly told Thana that I like her rather than doing whatever things that made it all worse. Now, I don't know what to do. 

Natatakot akong tinapos na ni Thana ang lahat ng sa 'min. Natatakot akong baka iyon na ang huling pagkausap niya sa 'kin. 

I am secretly praying that everything will go well while driving my way to Bar D'Montero. I want to get my phone and talk to Kris. After all of these, I promise myself not to get involved with the Servano and Muran again. 

"Dhayne, here you are. Did your langga inform you that your phone is here with me?" Lasing na bungad sa 'kin ni Kris.

"Give me my phone back." Inilahad ko ang palad sa kamay niya at agad naman niya iyong binigay. 

"Here. Have a drink." Binigyan ako nito ng inumin na malakas ko namang inayawan. 

"Why did you answer the phone like that?" Mahinahong tanong ko. 

"Like what? Come on, I know it's us over Thana, right? We're your friends Dhayne. But you hardly hang out with us these days." 

"And then?" 

"So I kept your phone with me. So she'll know that you're with us. She should give you time to hang out with us." 

"What do you mean? I was the one who kept on declining your invites of hanging out, Kris. Thana has nothing to do with this." 

"Oh, my bad. I'm glad you came." She smiled. Her cheeks were red because of drinking and she could barely open her eyes. 

"So it was your intention to keep my phone from me so I could come here?" 

"Yup. I texted your girlfriend telling her to let you go." Pag amin niya. 

"What is really wrong with you?" Sarkastikong sambit ko. Nagsisimula nang mainis.

"Dhayne," suway ni Gracia. "She's drunk." 

"Yeah! She's not normally like this, Grace! Last night, she was so drunk that Gayle went hysterical searching for her. At ngayon, ano itong ginagawa niya? Is she still Kris?" 

"Dhayne, I texted your girlfriend. Look." Lasing man ay ipinakita sa 'kin ni Kris ang mensaheng iniwan niya kay Thana. 

To: Thana
Let your girlfriend go. She'll choose us over you, you'll see. 
Sent! 

To: Thana 
Come to Bar D'Montero. You'll know what I mean.
Sent!

Hindi ko alam kung saan niya napulot ang numero ni Thana. All I know is that I was mad at what she did. What is really wrong with this woman? Sana'y kung may problema siya, huwag niya 'kong dinadamay ng ganito. 

"This is below the belt, you know Kris. You're crossing the line." 

"Oh you liked me first!" 

"Is that a flex, Kris?! Yes I liked you first and so what? I don't anymore, okay?"