Chapter 12

Some children are just born with tragedy in their blood.

- Unknown.

Ibrahim

I stood with Ammi and Aunty Fanna as they instructed the maids on where to take the unloaded boxes.

"How many are there?" I asked.

"27. We needed an entire cargo plane," Ailah answered, arriving next to me.

"Isn't that extreme?" I asked, and Ammi gave me a pointed look.

I raise my hands in surrender, "I just don't want her feeling overwhelmed."

"Stop worrying about that. Everything will go smoothly," Aunty Fanna says.

"We need to show her that we're welcoming her with open arms," Aunty Adama says, emerging from the house.

"Ya Ibrahim, it's almost two. Go get dressed," Ailah says, pushing me towards the house.

I go in and head to my room.

"I'm going to change," I announce to Akram, sprawled on the bed.

"I've seen you naked before," he replied.

"We were kids back then," I say, walking into the closet.

I change into a navy blue Kaftan and put on my cap. I wore two rings on my right hand usually. A platinum love band on my index finger and a diamond link ring on my middle finger. I added two platinum bands to my left index and ring finger.

I return to the room and hold two watches before Akram, "Which one?"

"The Piaget," he responds.

"They're both Piaget," I inform him.

"Wear the one with more diamonds, then," he answers.

I put one back into the box and strap the other to my right wrist.

A knock sounds on the door, and Ailah walks in, "Are you done?"

"I'm trying to pick a pair of shoes," I reply.

She scans my shoe rack and hands me a pair of Burberry loafers.

"Where are your other clothes?" she asks, pulling a duffel from my closet.

I give her a confused look, "Other clothes?"

"Yeah, the bride has four outfits," She responds.

"Four?" I asked, shock evident on my face.

"What were you expecting? Anyways I'll prepare the other three. Where are your new Kaftans?" She asks.

I point to the rack at the end of the closet. She scans through and picks two other Kaftans.

"Is this suit new?" she asks, pointing to a deep blue Armani suit.

"I had it tailored some months back, but I haven't worn it yet," I answer.

"Well, pray you haven't gained weight because you're wearing it today," She says.

"It'll look perfect with these Ralph Lauren loafers," she says, pulling them out.

"For the white Kaftan, you'll wear these Tom ford sandals and these Versace sandals for the grey," She adds.

She arranges them neatly in the duffle and puts the clothes on top.

"We're ready to go. You'll shoot two outfits in the studio and the other two at our house," She Informs.

" Ya Akram, you're driving me," Ailah tells him.