Page 20

Few days past and Sonny and I decided on an appointment, I was 17 days, just to make sure with me after work, Sonny picked me up as we went.

"You ready?" He asked and I look out

"Manda?" He asked again placing his free hand onto my hand I looked at him and smiled "Just worried something can be wrong?"

"Don't think of that, everything will be alright " He told and I smiled

"I will be right there." He told smiling. I was glad he was there but, still I was worried.

"You're back, I see?" The doctor asked and I nodded.

"Just making sure." I told as Sonny hugged me tide, at the side.

"Of course." She told and I smiled back at Sonny.

The doctor got me ready and Sonny stayed with me. I took his hand when they were ready. They put my legs into situps.

Sonny Pov

"I'm right here Manda." I told gently, she smiled at me. Seeing her laying on this bed, let me realized, this is it. I'm so worried about Amanda, knowing everything she went trough alone. I'm here, and I'm so glad she is my wife.

"You ready?" The doctor asked and she nodded. She started with the curvilinear ultrasound on her abdomen since the baby was so small, and I held her tide with both of my hand on her hands, and moved one to her shoulder.

I felt her squeeze my hand and saw her closed her eyes. "Everything will be alright. " I told her stroking her hair out of the way.

"Just worried. " She told as I smiled gently at her.

The screen appeared, and all we saw was a small bubble, and a soft clapping noise like last time. The heartbeart.

"That is your baby. 2.5mm long, your 17 days still. " She told us, as Amanda turn to me, I smiled at her.

"Is it healthy?" Amanda asked as she smiled.

"Still to early for those questions but, so far we can see, baby is visible. We can move on with the TVS ultrasound for the heartbeart for a clearer view." I looked at Amanda, she turned to me and nodded.

The doctor nodded and moved to the TVS.

"Mrs Carisi, you will feel a little uncomfortable." She told and Amanda nodded. She flinched a little, her eyes closed, I grab her hand stronger. My mind opened to a small clapping noise. I looked at the monitor and saw the blip.

"Is it healthy?" I asked happily as Amanda smiled at me

"It's strong." The doctor replied

"Can you believe it?" I asked smiling with joy as Amanda nodded happily, she was smiling bright

"You may feel a little more discomfort as I'll be moving the probe." The doctor told and Amanda nodded, she took a deep breath and I saw the discomfort she is experiencing.

"Careful please." I told her doctor and Amanda smiled at me, telling me it's okay. I know she is strong but, I don't want to see her in pain.

"So far everything looks well and healthy. 17 days, and counting." She told and printed a few photos as she released the instrument from Amanda and put everything away.

Amanda Pov

I was happy, the baby is healthy and the heartbeat is strong. Seeing the baby even if it was just a blip, I was happy. I was so glad Dominick was with me. Seeing him with so much joy.

17 days, then 1 month for a beter view, then 6 weeks for the final news, still stressful but, at least we will know the baby is safe.

I loved my doctor, Mrs Frost. "Thank you." I told as we both stood up and leaved.