Chapter 43

"Are you packed?" Helen asks as I eat my cereal.

"Yesh. Ib paked wast light." I say through the cereal.

"You've gotten grosser ever since that date with Nat." Prissy groans from the stove. She decided she was too good for cereal this morning so she was making pancakes.

"No, she was always like this whenever our parents weren't around." Ellie sighs, waiting for Prissy's pancakes, "It means she's happy."

"Whatever. Happy is gonna drop Bruce and me off at the park. Do you want me to get anything while we're out?" I ask, rolling my eyes.

"No no no. You enjoy your final date in New York before your boss whisks you away for a "work trip", whatever that means." Helen says as Prissy puts a plate of pancakes down in front of her, "Thank you, Dear."

"It's my job." Prissy smirks, "Along with keeping Y/N from dying an un-fabulous death."

"Un-fabulous? I don't think that's a word." I scoff, rolling my eyes again.

"Sure it is! I patented it...or something. I don't know how that works." Prissy laughs, whipping the batter-covered spoon around.

"Watch where you're swinging that thing! You nearly hit me." Ellie complained with a fake pout.

"Sorry, Ellie." Prissy apologizes. This was new. Prissy never apologized to me!

"Apology accepted. As long as you, of course..." Ellie leaned over to Prissy's ear to whisper something.

"What in the? You know what? I don't wanna know. Not until I'm back from my date." I sigh, picking up my phone to see a text from Happy. He was here with Bruce, "When Bruce shows up, no stupidity. Alright?"

"Y/N, Dear, you should already know that's impossible with these two." Helen smiles sweetly. Ahhh. And that's why I never wake Helen up early. Nobody wants to see her- Ding Dong!

"I'll get it!" Ellie calls, breaking away from whatever weirdness was happening between her and Prissy, "Bruce Banner! I've heard so much about you."

"Bruce. Hi. Let's go." I say quickly, pushing my sister out of the way, "You can meet my crazy sister later."

Bruce gave a small nod of understanding when Ellie just stared at us as we waited at the elevator. She had a strange glint in her eye and I didn't like it.

"Nice to see you too." Bruce laughed, keeping a wary eye on Ellie.

"Ignore her." I sighed as we stepped into the elevator, "Ellie's just... Ellie."

"I understand. I have a cousin who's the same way." Bruce smiled at me.

"I didn't know you had a cousin." I said as we stepped out of the elevator.

"Jennifer. She's going to college to become a lawyer." Bruce smiled fondly as we passed Delores.

"Really? Good for her." I smiled as we walked outside and up to the car where Happy was waiting, "Hi, Happy."

"Hey Y/N. How are you?" Happy asks with a small smile as we hugged.

"I'm great. You?" I asked as we all stepped into the car.

"Tony's Tony." He said as if it was obvious as he pulled out of the parking lot and started down the road.

"That he is. Has he left his office lately?" I asked, grabbing Bruce's hand and squeezing it lightly. He squeezes it back.

"Yeah. He...Nevermind." Happy cut himself off as he turned into a parking lot.

"What does that-" I started as he parked.

"Have a nice date! I'll pick you up in two hours." Happy said as Bruce opened the door and helped me out.

"Thank you. See you in two hours." Bruce smiled sheepishly before closing the door, "Ready?"

"Are you?" I smirked, taking Bruce's hand, "Quick question, why didn't we just walk? That was the shortest car ride ever."

"I have to get back to the tower somehow." Bruce reminded me as we started to walk.

"Speaking of which, how is it living in the tower?" I asked, bumping his shoulder.

"Tony has been nice. He's been helping me develop something to keep the Hulk under control." Bruce smiled sadly. Something was wrong.

"Bruce? Are you okay?" I asked, leaning forward to get a good look at his face.

He looked tired. Eyebags were prominent as he smiled weakly.

"Yes, My Peace Lily. I'm okay." He smiled again. It was forced to the point where I could have sworn I saw tears in his eyes.

I stopped in my tracks, turning to put a hand on his face.

"I'll believe that when you can look me in the eye." I mumbled, running a hand through his hair. It was oily. Like he hadn't showered in days.

Bruce raised his head slightly, though he didn't say anything.

"Come with me." I smiled, taking his hand and walking us out of the park.

"Where are we going?" Bruce asked as I pulled him along.

"My apartment. Our date will instead be you getting some rest." I said firmly, turning a corner.

"You don't have to-" Bruce started, not wanting to ruin the date.

"Right. I don't have to. I want to." I paused, turning to face him, "Besides, I have a flight tomorrow anyways. I'll need all the sleep I can get."

I smiled at Bruce as he blushed.

"Come on." I laughed, pulling him through the lobby. I waved to Delores as I called the elevator. She waved back as we went inside.

"Are you sure you're alright with your last date being like this?"  Bruce asked as we stepped out of the elevator on my floor.

"Of course. I love you, after all." I smirked coyly as I unlocked my door.

I chuckled as I imagined how bright red Bruce's face was at that moment.

"Y/N? What are you doing back?" Helen asked as I dragged Bruce through the living room.

"We'll be in my room." I answered, closing the door to said room behind us.

"Use protection!" I heard her muffled voice call through the door.

Bruce sputtered, clearly still embarrassed about the last 30 seconds.

"Come on. Into bed with you." I ushered, sitting Bruce onto my bed, "Here. Luckily you can fit some of my baggier sweatpants and sleepshirts."

I threw the clothes at him before grabbing my own clothes and going into the bathroom to change.

When I came back out, Bruce was sitting there awkwardly in my clothes. Cute.

"Come on now, My Human Calculator. Sleepy time." I smiled, grabbing his hand and leaning next to him.

He was tense as he lay beside me. I smiled at him as I began to hum and rub his back in circles.

I felt him relax to my touch. How long had he been without sleep?

"I love you too, Y/N." Bruce whispered as I held him close, "What did I do to deserve you?"

"You deserve to be loved, Bruce." I smiled down at him, kissing his forehead, "You deserve to be loved as I love you. And as the rest of the world will too."

I yawned as I closed my eyes.

I loved Bruce Banner. And he better know he deserves it.

Word Count: 1190

*Hey Loves. So...I'm sorry. I have no excuse. I completely lost motivation and didn't try as hard as I would like to get it back. But I'm back. And now that we're at the next movie, you will get daily or nearly daily chapters. Remember to eat and drink something and get plenty of sleep. Stay magical ✨️*