Chapter 39

"Darling, I took the liberty of planning a bit of a puzzle. I do hope you enjoy finding this. You have until sunset. Good luck, L." I read aloud, a smile growing on my face.

It was the next morning and that meant it was Loki's day. After the wonderful trip yesterday, though it was short considering how it took nearly an hour to ride to the square, I was really excited for today.

I flipped over the note that I had read before to see a riddle.

"Though Thor may be able to show you off to the world, you will always be mine. If you find where the magic sings, the time we will have will be sublime." I chuckled. Where the magic sings?

I may have to employ Frigga for this.

"My Lady. Prince Loki dropped this off for you today for your outing." One of my handmaidens said from beside me. I hadn't even noticed that they had come in.

I gasped as I turned to see what Loki had brought me. It was a necklace encrusted in 15 gemstones. Some of the gemstones had color, although most of them were grey and foggy.  Along with it, there was a note.

"A gemstone for each soulmate. Once you find them all, all the stones will be a unique color." I read aloud as AMG helped me put on the necklace. All my handmaidens cooed as they brought out a nice pale orange dress.

As I got dressed I asked what the clue might mean.

"The music room has many enchanted instruments." One of my handmaidens suggested, at which many of the others nodded.

"Thank you, ladies. Could you show me where that is?" I ask as I finish getting dressed. Everyone quickly led me out of the room and to a large chamber filled with instruments, chattering the whole way.

Once we arrived, I thanked them and they left. As I looked around, I noticed only one of them was playing. A harp was lightly playing a tune. It was stunning, the way the light reflected off the seemingly golden strings.

As I looked around the harp for any kind of note or clue, I heard Loki's voice.

"Hello, Darling. I'm sure you look stunning in that necklace. I may not be the best at describing my feelings, but there is a book that I believe will help. Mother is there to help you now. Remember, you have until sunset." The voice cooed. Loki. Oh, how I love you. Just wait until I get to tell you that to your face. Heh heh heh.

I quickly ran out into the hallway, searching for the library.

After a quick run-in with a maid who pointed me in the right direction, I managed to make it to the library.

"Frigga?" I called out into the empty library. It was a large, square room with bookshelves on all sides. In the center, there were rugs and sofas to sit on.

"Hello Y/N. I see you found the next clue." Frigga smiled from one of the sofas.

"Thank God you're here. What book was Loki talking about?" I asked, closing the door behind me and sitting down next to Frigga.

"I believe you know it. It is supposedly from a very famous playwright." Frigga said with a twinkle in her eye as she handed me a book.

I looked at her slightly confused before opening the book to the bookmarked page. It was a page from Romeo and Juliet.

"But, soft! what light through yonder window breaks? It is the east, and Juliet is the sun. Arise, fair sun, and kill the envious moon, who is already sick and pale with grief, that thou her maid art far more fair than she:
Be not her maid, since she is envious;
Her vestal livery is but sick and green
And none but fools do wear it; cast it off. It is my lady, O, it is my love! O, that she knew she were! She speaks yet she says nothing: what of that?
Her eye discourses; I will answer it.
I am too bold, 'tis not to me she speaks: Two of the fairest stars in all the heaven, having some business, do entreat her eyes to twinkle in their spheres till they return. What if her eyes were there, they in her head?
The brightness of her cheek would shame those stars, as daylight doth a lamp; her eyes in heaven would through the airy region stream so bright that birds would sing and think it were not night. See, how she leans her cheek upon her hand! O, that I were a glove upon that hand,
That I might touch that cheek!" I read aloud, a smile growing the more I read. Oh, Loki. If only I could understand half of this gibberish.