Chapter 3

"What are you doing back? I thought your first day of work was today." Helen asked as I walked in the door.

"Turns out my boss is my soulmate so that won't exactly work out." I sigh hanging my keys on the hook by the door.

"You found him! Or her, I don't judge." Helen exclaimed happily. Her soulmate had died a few years back so she was increasingly invested in Prissy and my love lives. Especially because she saw how many marks I had when she accidentally walked in on me changing.

"Him and now I'm out of a job. Time to go back to the hunt." I sigh exasperatedly. It had taken me weeks to find that job and rent was due that weekend. If I couldn't find the money I was screwed.

"Y/N. Don't worry about rent this weekend." Helen said, grabbing my hands. Helen was like a mother to me. She's about as old as my mother probably would be as well. If she hadn't died by my loss of control.

"Helen-" I started.

"No. This should be a time for celebration! You found one of your 15 soulmates!" Helen interrupted with a smile.

"But what about you?" I asked, "What about the apartment?"

"I'll handle your rent this month. Pension pays well." Helen says with a wink.

At that moment, Prissy walked in the door with groceries.

"Y/N? What are you doing back?" She asked, putting the bags on the kitchen counter.

"Turns out my soulmate is my boss." I sigh, Helen finally letting go of my hands.

I covered my ears when a squeal rang out from the 20-year-old.

"Y/N! I'm so happy for you!" Prissy ran over and tackled me in a hug, "So, is he hot?"

"Prissy!"

"Answer the question Y/N/N." Helen commented from the side.

"Smoking," I smirked reluctantly.

"Wait. Your soulmate is your boss, correct?" Prissy asked. Shit, she put the pieces together.

"Yes?" I winced. Knowing what was coming.

"Oh. My. God. Your soulmate is Tony Stark?" Prissy asked while blowing out my eardrums. Helen stood up straight at this.

"Yes?" I winced again. This girl is going to be the death of my hearing.

"Show me." Prissy urged. Helen came over as well when I unbuttoned the middle of my shirt to show Tony Stark written in cursive in the middle of my chest.

"Oh, my God." Prissy breathed out after some time, "You are the luckiest girl on the planet!"

"I know. He's super sweet too." I smiled, "I only talked to him for a total of about 5 minutes but that entire time he was extremely gentle."

"Are you going to move in with him?" Helen asked as I buttoned my shirt back up.

"Helen, I just met him today." I laughed.

"Spend time with him now, don't wait until it's too late to love him," Helen said with a stone-cold look on her face.

"I won't. I promise I won't." I nodded at her.

"Now that the sappy stuff is out of the way, let's drink!" Prissy pulled out a bottle of cheap champagne and popped it open for us to share.

                               ~~~

"Cheers to Y/N L/N finding her soulmate!" Prissy raised a glass in a toast. It had been a couple of hours of drinking and celebrating the finding of my soulmate.

"Cheers!" We all clicked our glasses and drank.

"What time is it?" I asked looking at my phone.

"Who cares?" Prissy laughed, pouring herself another drink. She was drunk.

"I care. I have to go job hunting tomorrow." I sigh. Another perk of 15 soulmates, is alcohol tolerance beyond belief.

"Fine fine." Prissy waved me off to bed.

"Night P. Night Helen. Speaking of which, could you make sure she gets to bed?" I asked the woman before retreating to my room.

"Of course Y/N. Goodnight." She smiled at me putting the cups in the sink.

"Thanks." I smile before closing my door.

I change out of my work clothes and into some pajamas before checking my phone. It was 9:00 pm. Shit, I forgot to text Tony!

I quickly pulled up my messaging app and pulled up his contact. I prayed he was still awake before sending him a message.

"Hey, Tony. It's me, Y/N. Sorry, I didn't text you earlier but I got distracted." I sent the message and hoped I didn't accidentally wake him up.

"Hello Ms.L/N. It's late to be messaging me." He texted back.

"Sorry, I hope I didn't wake you."

"You didn't."

There was a moment of silence before he sent another message.

"Can I call you?"

"Of course," I responded.

At that, my phone lit up and I pressed the answer call button.

"Hello?" I asked the caller.

"Hey there, Hot Stuff. Sorry, I just wanted to hear your voice and I didn't think you would want me to just show up." He sighed, the slight slurring of his words making it clear he was slightly drunk. Maybe more than slightly.

"Tony? Are you alright?" I ask concerned. He was clearly very drunk and I didn't want him to do something stupid.

"Yeah, why?" He asked me.

"You're drunk," I stated the obvious.

"Can we go out on a date this Saturday?" Tony asked out of the blue.

"Y-yeah. Yeah, of course. What time?" I asked. A date with Tony Stark. No, a date with my soulmate. That sounds amazing.

"Noon sound good?" He asked in a tired tone of voice.

"Perfect. See you at noon on Saturday." I confirmed.

"See you at noon on Saturday." He repeated before hanging up.

"What a strange man." I smiled to myself as I fell asleep thinking about my soulmate.

Word Count: 948

*Hey Love! Two chapters! Man, I'm good. I'm trying to make these a little longer but it's difficult. I hope you enjoyed a look at Helen. Is she like you expected? Do you like her? Hope you enjoyed it. Stay magical ✨️*