Chapter 44

It was a week later. Steve, Nat, and I were in D.C. by the orders of Fury. He wanted us here for something that he wouldn't tell me, despite my pleading.

Nat and I were sitting in a car on the way to pick up Steve.

For some reason, he insisted on waking up at the crack of dawn to run. To run! He always woke me up.

"It's been a while since I have gone on a mission with Steve. It'll be good to see him in action again." I smiled, remembering how good his butt looked in the new suit Tony gave him.

"And save him from himself." Nat laughed as we pulled up to the sidewalk.

Nat rolled down my window to see Steve talking to a man with short, black hair and a beard. It looked like he had the same annoying habit of Steve exercising in the morning.

"Hey, fellas. Either one of you know where the Smithsonian is? I'm here to pick up a fossil." Nat smirked from behind me as I stepped out of the car.

"That's hilarious," Steve said dryly, walking over to us.

"Hey, Honey. You ready?" I asked, kissing kiss cheek and sputtering at the saltiness.

"Hey. How's my Best Girl?" Steve asked, smiling down at me.

"I would be better if I wasn't woken up at the ass-crack of dawn as someone snuck out of our hotel room." I mumbled before turning to the other man, "Who's this?"

"Sam. Meet Y/N, my soulmate." Steve introduced, wrapping an arm around my waist.

I smiled, stepping forward to shake the man's hand.

He smiled back as he shook my hand.

"You know, your soulmate is an asshole." Sam breathed out, his eyes wide in shock.

"All of them are" I laughed, stepping forward, "What perfect timing. I wasn't really in the mood to get all wet today anyway."

I pulled Sam into a quick kiss, as he was all sweaty. The universe- No. AMG must hate me.

He looked at me in shock, what I said finally registering in his mind.

"Hang on, I thought he was your soulmate," Sam said confusedly, gesturing toward Steve.

"He is. Along with you and 13 others." I said, bored with how many times I had to explain this.

"Hold up. You're saying you have 15 soulmates?" Sam asked, taking a double take.

"Yep." I sighed, turning and walking over to Nat, "Hey Nat, could you tell Fury something came up? I need to explain a few things to this one."

"Sure Lyubov'. Have fun." Nat smiled, giving me a quick kiss.

"You too." I chuckled, kissing her once more.

"You get used to it." I heard Steve say to a confused Sam behind me.

"Bye, Honey. Bye, Sweetheart. Stay safe." I smiled, kissing Steve once more as he took my place in the car.

"You too." Steve reminded as he closed his door.

"Come on. What could hurt me when I have an army to protect me?"

Time Skip

Sam and I were sitting in his apartment at the kitchen counter. We had walked to his place after Steve and Nat left so we could talk in private.

"So. What do you wanna know?" I asked, shifting in my seat.

It was a little awkward, considering Sam had already offered me a bowl of fruit, every type of drink I could ever imagine, and at least five different sandwiches.