Chapter 42

It was a week later.

Tony and I returned home the night we ate with Claria. It was a tearful departure.

"I'll call you at least once a week!" I exclaimed, pulling Claira into one last hug.

"And I'll answer you every time! Don't forget to check in with that doctor I told you about." Claira said, breaking away.

Claira and I had talked about my parents' deaths. She had convinced me to finally go to therapy with this great doctor she knew. He did online meetings too. I only agreed if Tony would get the arc reactor removed. He said he would.

"Y/N! Nat's here!" Ellie called from the living room.

"Coming!" I called back.

Ellie and I were sharing my room. She had moved in with Helen, Prissy, and me the second we returned from Asgard.

"Nat! I'm ready to go." I said, walking over to her with my exercise bag.

It was our turn to train at the gym today. I decided to turn it into a date.

"Great. Let's go." Nat said, taking my hand as we walked out the door. She was very good at doing things like that. Doing the most romantic things without thinking and not getting flustered at all. It was annoying.

"I'm gonna beat you this time. I swear it." I said, determinedly. She had pinned me every single time we had trained together. Tony had lost a lot of money to Steve. He always bet on me to win.

"Sure you will, Y/N/N." Nat said sarcastically.

I waved to Delores as we went through the lobby. She waved back as we exited the door.

"I heard you got a new motorcycle." Nat said with a smirk, "Wanna try it out?"

"Why would I ever miss the opportunity to wrap your arms around my waist?" I flirt, handing her a helmet from one of the locked side bags and grabbing one for myself, "Hang on tight."

I felt Nat wrap her arms around my waist tightly as I pulled out of the parking lot and began to drive to Stark Tower.

That's where we had been doing most of our training lately.

"Alright. The sooner we start the sooner I can kick your ass." I smirk as I park the motorcycle and take off my helmet.

"We'll see about that, Y/N/N." Nat winks, opening the door for me.

"Yes, we will." I say as we step into the elevator, "The training room, please, JARVIS."

"Right away, Ms. L/N." JARVIS says as the elevator starts to move.

"I thought I told you to call me Y/N?" I correct.

"Of course, Ms. L/N." JARVIS says, humor clear in his electronic voice.

"Oh, so now you're just fucking with me." I roll my eyes as the door opens, "Thanks, you little shit."

Nat chuckles as we step out of the elevator.

"So, how long do we have?" I ask as I put my things down and begin to stretch.

"All day. Tony and Steve might stop by again." Nat explains, doing the same.

"Honestly, Tony needs to stop betting. It'll be his downfall one day." I laugh as we walk onto the mat, "Ready?"

Nat doesn't answer. Instead, she lunges at me quicker than I could see and pins me with my arms above my head onto the wall.

"Always, Lyubov'" She smirks.

"Russian? Really? Are you trying to distract me with your sexiness?" I fake sigh. I really did love it when she talked to me in Russian.

Nat smirked before letting go of my wrists.

Without warning, I kicked her back. She stumbled before going back into a fighting position.

"It's on, Sweetheart." I laugh, lunging at her.

We begin to fight hand to hand. After a moment, two voices are heard.

"Kick her ass, My Dear!" Tony cheers as I land a punch.

"Don't let me lose $5, Romanoff!" Steve calls back.

Oh, it's on.

"Let's give them a show." Nat smiles, blocking my kick, "Nice kick. Aim higher."

Nat goes to sweep my leg but I jump up to kick her in the chest.

"Guess I asked for that." Nat mumbles, hopping to her feet again.

"Nope!" I lunge at her pinning her to the ground, "I win."

"I love you." Nat sighs.

"What?" I freeze. Shit. I'm done for.

Nat takes the moment to flip me back over.

"I win." Nat smiles down at me before climbing off and pulling me to my feet.

"Shut up." Y/N pulls Nat close and kisses her. Tony wolf whistles, "I love you too."

"Come on." Nat grabs my hand and picks up our bags.

As we walk over to the elevator, I see Tony handing Steve five bucks. Idiots.

"Where are we going?" I ask as the elevator opens.

"Ground floor, JARVIS." Nat instructs, not answering my question.

"Nat? Where are we going?" I question again. She still didn't respond, "Nat?"

"Coffee. Ice-cream. Home." Nat explains, dragging me out of the elevator and out to the parking lot. She seemed...off.

"Nat, what's wrong?" I ask, stopping in my tracks.

"Why?" Nat questions, her voice a bit strained.

"Why what?" I ask, confused. What did I do?

"Why do you love me?" Nat asks, not looking me in the eyes.

My eyes softened as I pull her into an alleyway.

"Nat. Look at me." I grab her face and gently pull it toward mine. I had never seen so much genuine emotion from her since...ever, "I love you. And I don't need a single damn reason to have to. You're you, and that's enough."

"Chto ya sdelal, chtoby zasluzhit' tebya?" Nat asks in Russian.

"I can't speak Russian, Sweetheart." I coo, stroking her face.

"What did I do to deserve you?" Nat asks in English.

"I already told you. You're you, and that's enough." I kiss her cheek, "Now come on, you promised me coffee and ice cream."

"Technically, Tony's paying." Nat smirks, holding up a credit card.

"You stole his credit card." I said in disbelief, "I expected nothing else."

I love her so much.

Word Count: 1025

*Hey Loves...I'm sorry. I'm so so so SOOOOOO sorry. I had a really hard time with this chapter and it's probably terrible...but whatever. I just have one more chapter before I will start posting nearly daily. Even more so because my summer vacation is coming up 🎉!!! Make sure you eat and drink something and get plenty of sleep. Stay Magical ✨️*