Chapter 8

"BEEP BEEP BEE-" I ran, again more like fell, over to my phone to shut it off. I looked at the clock and it said 4:30 am.

"Fuck. Why couldn't my flight have been yesterday?" I asked myself and went to get dressed. I went to my wardrobe and opened it only to see a box with my name on it.

"What the fuck?" I asked myself before pulling it out and opening the box. Inside was a note and a suit.

"You're going to need this- N.F." I read aloud. Fury? How the hell did he get this in here?

I looked at the suit in the box and saw that it was black with an F/C outline.

"Nicholas Fury, you son of a bitch." I smile to myself, putting the suit on. It hugged in just the right places and made me look smoking.

After admiring myself in the mirror some more, I grabbed my bag and phone and went down to the street. I didn't bother with the elevators and just jumped down the stairwell.

"I'm about to leave. See you in a couple of weeks." I texted Tony. I was surprised to see I got a text back immediately.

"I sent Happy to drop you off at the airport. Have a safe flight." I read aloud to myself as I walked out the doors. Happy? Was that a typo?

"Ms.L/N?" A large man in a car asked.

"Are you Happy?" I asked, confused.

"Yep. Get in." He sighed tiredly.

"Sorry about you having to get up this early." I apologized, getting in the car with my bag.

"Not your fault Tony woke me up to take the woman he hasn't shut up about all week to the airport." Happy said, pulling out of the parking lot and towards the airport. I flushed at the thought of Tony gushing over me to his driver. He was shameless.

"Oh my gosh. I'm gonna kill that man." I said aloud, putting my head in my hands to hide the blush creeping across my face.

"You do that and I'll be out of a job." Happy said seriously, a hint of a smile able to be seen from the back of the car where I sat.

"I can't believe he did that. I'm so sorry for his behavior. That's very inappropriate." I said in my work voice. It was something I perfected over the years.

"Tony is the definition of inappropriate." Happy said turning into the airport, "We're here."

"Thank you so much, Happy." I thanked him before getting out of the car and walking inside. I got my bag checked and headed towards the gate that I was told to go to in the file.

I walked outside into the crisp night air and walked over to a helicopter. I covered my ears and got on. Once I had settled in my seat, a man handed me some noise-canceling headphones and we were off.

After about five hours of flying, we arrived on a raft in the middle of the ocean.

"What the fuck?" I asked aloud, stepping out of the helicopter and onto the slightly swaying deck.

"Ms.L/N." Fury addressed me.

"Nicholas." I addressed it right back. He looked like he was about to say something before he thought better of it. Everyone around me stared with wide eyes.

"What?" I questioned.

"You just called Nick Fury by his first name and didn't die." An agent with a name tag that simply said A.M.G. whispered to me.

"Oh. Huh." I said simply before following walking away Nick Fury.

"You're gonna meet your first teammate in a second. He's supposed to arrive any minute now." Fury said with an excessive amount of emphasis on supposed to.

A few minutes later, a jet touched down and a man with blond hair stepped out. I immediately recognized him as Captain America by the way an agent was glued to the side of him. I walked forward to greet him with a warm smile on my face.

"Captain Rogers? I'm Y/N L/N." I say, holding out my hand for him to shake.

"It's you." He said, shocked. Wonderful. Are any of my soulmates normal?

Word Count: 705

*Hey Love! Told you to look out for a second chapter today. We met soulmate number two! Steve Rogers. I may have to switch this scene up a tiny bit but I'll keep all the iconic lines in there, don't worry. Stay magical ✨️*