Chapter 26- Halloween

Maddie was in good health, was destined to make a full recovery, she was looking healthier as the days went by, things seemed calmer less tense. Amelia and Rin seemed to almost disappear into thin air it was unsettling. I found myself constantly looking over my shoulder waiting for them to pop up. I never told anyone about rin, about the girl who told my I was being trapped into a lie yet again. Landon ordered for everyone to still stay at my house given with what happened to Maddie. Maddie was perfectly content sleeping on the couch if it meant she was in a house with guns and protection. Amelia had tortured Maddie questioned her abused her, she still hasn't opened up about everything that happened. I knew she was traumatized and I couldn't help but blame myself. Ryan pushed me harder everyday for training, it wasn't laid back anymore she seemed up tight, tense, fearfull me dying really played a role into it I think. She wanted me to be tough, but I didn't know if I could be that. I wasn't sure if I was even really cut out for it. I wanted to pretend to be tough, to fit in with the rest of them. I had it in my blood but was I too mundane too human?
Was it okay for me to want to start over, to have my old life back, before the chaos. I wanted my girlfriend back, my sweet overly protective normal girlfriend back. I would never tell her that but I missed us being normal, going to dances and cabins. I walked down the stairs seeing everyone watching TV, it was Halloween, which meant it had been two whole weeks since everything went down. Everyone acted normal like everything was fine, I was itching for more answers as much as I wish I never found them I wanted to find rin, ask her questions. A part of me wished I would go with them. I walked over pausing by my moms bedroom hearing soft foot prints. Everyone on the couch looked at me quietly and I straightened up and smiled. Ryan raised an eye brow standing up.

"You ok sunflower?" She asked walking over to me, I walked over to her making her stop and smiled.

"Yes, I just need some alone time." I said quietly.

"You have been having a lot of that lately, to much of it." Sara chimed in. I shot a look at her she smiled and looked back at the TV rolling her eyes cuddling Vin on the couch.

"I need...to be alone with my moms things." I said quietly. Ryan looked at me thoughtfully and walked back to the couch deciding to say nothing. I opened the door and felt rushing around I quickly got in locking the door. Everyone shot me one last look before I closed the door. I turned on the TV in her room and shut the shades to the sliding glass doors. I turned on the end table light and looked at the closet quietly taking a breath.

"I know you're here." I said quietly. The closet door quietly opened and rin crawled out looking at me concentrating on my facial features.

"Gold is your favorite color?" She asked referring to my highlighter and earrings and necklace with sunflowers.

"Actually it's white but not the topic, we need to talk." I said in a serious tone crossing my arms.

"Wait, your favorite color is white? That's not even a color." She scoffed playfully.

"Couldn't have colors without it." I smiled sarcastically.

"That's fair." She added.

"Who are you." I demanded.

"Can't stop thinking about me?" She smirked, I rolled my eyes.

"I'm taken." I snapped.

"Oh I'm aware." She smiled walking over to me slowly playing with different objects on the way.

"You said some stuff in the woods, I can't stop thinking about it." I explained desperately.

"Yeah, you should've just come with." She added.

"With the girl who tried to charge me with a knife?" I asked raising an eyebrow.

"Yeah, that's fair." She added.