Chapter 21- Bloodlines

"Because i gave you that name." The words rang into my ears loudly, firmly. I felt exhausted and wanted to sleep for 10 years. Landon, this was landon.

"Landon." I said softly.

"That's right." He smiled. I felt my eyes flutter, my mind body and soul went numb. His eyes went wide and caught my head as i tipped back letting oblivion swallow me.

Ryan's POV:

My anxiety was at an all time high, i didn't know what to do for her. She looked so numb, like she was going to shatter into a million pieces. What do we do, where do we go from here. I looked at sara who was scrubbing the blood on her hands and knees crying quietly. Vin walked over to her and grabbed her hand.

"Let us help." Vin said softly. Sara nodded letting more tears slip into the puddle of dark sticky blood. I looked at Kristen who was glaring at me.

"Do you have something to say to me." I demanded looking at her coldly.

"Yeah actually, i think this could have been prevented or at least rylie could stomach it better if you told her the truth." Kristen snapped.

"No, no one can be ready to lose their mom." Vin snapped, his eyes glossed over and looked like he got stuck in the past, i remember the feeling all too well.

"What is this big secret you guys are keeping, it really can't be that bad." Sara said with irritation swallowing her facial expression.

"It can." I said walking over to the sink wetting a rag.

"Well eventually rylie will find out." Sara said glaring at me.

"Keeping it from her wont help, she already knows your hiding something now is the time to come clean ryan, if you want to keep her." Sara finished standing up and facing me. Vin grabbed her arm sending a warning look her way.

"When i tell her she won't want to know, she won't want anything to do with me." I sighed while wiping the walls of blood.

"If i learned anything when it comes to rylie, she will surprise you, she's full of surprises, I wouldn't be so quick to assume." She said quietly looking at me.

"I should go check on her." I sighed. I dropped the rag and walked up the stairs, when i turned the knob it didn't budge. I stopped in my tracks looking at the door stiffly.

"Rylie." I said quietly.

"Ryan what's going on?" Vin asked.

"The door is locked and shes not responding." I said nervously.

"Shit!" Sara exclaimed running up the stairs.

"You don't think she would do anything do you?" Vin asked looking at sara.

"She has tried before, for much less." Sara said reaching the top of the stairs, i looked at her with wide eyes and my chest flooded filling with anxiety, i took two steps back and shoved my foot forcefully forward into the door sending it into the wall.

"She's gone." I spoke quietly, i breathed hard and heavily and looked around the room.

"Someone was in here with her." Vin said breathing roughly observing the room quietly.

"Yeah, you're right." Kristen said looking at the large muddy foot prints, the window was wide open, the darkness left a dark veil over the fields and trees making it impossible to see.

"What do we do?" Sara asked.

"You and Kristen split up and look, someone has got to tell her dad." Vin said carefully by looking at me.