Climb Aboard, Parker

Everything is dark, but there's a blinding yellow hue to the darkness. There's a ringing coming from somewhere, and my body feels stiff and numb. I can't feel anything, everything feels like cotton.

I try to pry my eyes open, and regretting it the second I let a sliver of bright light into my eyes. I can't move, no way of signaling anyone. Where did anyone find the medication or anesthetic to keep me down and numb for so long? They must have drowned me in it, because I couldn't feel a damned thing even if I wanted to. Which I don't.

Someone asks FRIDAY to dim the lights, and now everything else is washed over in a light orange hue. I open my eyes to reveal a softer toned, white washed room. The emergency medical room.

"Morning sunshine," the now-familiar voice from before greets me. I turn my head to see the kind face of Lauren Howell.

"Hi Lauren," I cough out with a painful smile. My tongue also happens to feel like cotton being scraped in my mouth and down my throat, making talking super fun. Everything, really, is coated in a nice, soft layer of false hope and cotton candy. Lovely, my favorite.

Everything about homecoming then decides to flood out my nicely candy-coated mind and turn it sour. Ew.

"What time is it?" I ask her groggily. She gives me a sympathetic smile before looking down at her watch.

"2:30. And I believe I know why you're asking too." She smirks. I frown, defeated.

"Agh! You've got me, Lauren!" I joke before falling into a coughing fit. She grabs me a glass of water, holding it steady in my hands.

"Careful, sport," she laughs, "Peter's still in school, Happy's supposed to get him after his nerd club meeting."

"Why's Happy getting him? He normally just goes home," I ponder. Confusion sets in, waiting for Lauren's reply.

"Stark wants to talk to the hero boy. All good things, of course. He may not tell you, but everyone in this tower is incredibly proud of the both of you. Ready for your fabulous injury rundown?" She explains, finally asking for my opinion. I always loved when Lauren was in the tower. She's more of a best friend to me than anyone who lives here full time.

"Sure, sure why not?" Deciding to cave in and hear all my do's and don'ts until I heal. Nothing I can do about it.

"Let's see," she begins, pulling out a chart, "You sustained a terrible head injury, which, due to your intense healing and immortality situation will only be of your concern for two weeks. Minimal screen time and activity, should be good."

"That's nothing. Keep going," I wave her on.

"Okay, severe bone trauma done to several of the bones in your right arm, shattered. Assuming that's the one you landed on? The elbow was bent back at a horrible angle, which I bent back into place and set with wrapping. Again, should heal, somehow. Weirdo," she pauses again, waiting for my complaint.

"Let's see Doc, remedy is don't use it? Let's say, a week or two max." I guess. She nods.

"Wow, a doctor in training. Just keep in mind, you did just fall from an invisible jet at an insane altitude. Not quite the Trade Center, dear." She painfully reminds me. I laugh. "Continue. Still nothing."

She continues to run down my long list of horrendous injuries, how she fixed them, and what I can and can't do until they heal. It'll be over before I know it, and I can already tell I'll be better soon.

"Hey Lauren?" I ask, when I'm sure she's finished.

"Yeah kiddo?"

"What time is it now?"