Tomato's right!

A/N sorry for constant delays I don't have a continuous update schedule and my writing motivation isn't always friends with my schedule.

But here, alas, another chapter!

Tony POV

I guess Clint did as she asked for his benefit, so she would continue to trust him, but it's been almost three hours since dumpster Ken took Brooke inside the building. We've been hiding away, waiting on her to come back, but we've devised a plan.

Send Wanda to investigate. If she comes back out shortly with Brooklyn, great. If she doesn't... Cap and I intervene. Clint starts his countdown.

"You go in 3..."

The redhead looked relatively scared, and I kinda felt bad sending her in there, especially considering Wanda basically just told us these people fuckin' abuse her.

"2..."

She shakes her head, so i try to reassure her with a sympathetic glance. She returns it with a grimace.

"1..."

The tension over here, damn.

"Go!" He whisper-shouts, and she slowly takes off to the door. I wince as she knocks, the wind holding its breath. A skanky Barbie lookin girl opens the door, smiles a hard smile, and yells.

"Mike!"

King Grease comes to her side and mocks her sly smile. They grab Wanda, hands over her mouth.

Why did we send her again?

Clint sets his timer, one hour. Nat continuously sneaking peeks at the house, Bruce counting the seconds. Rogers tossing a rock, Clint nonstop staring at his timer. Me? staring at nothing, my mind wandering about. Alas the damn thing goes off. I look nervously at Steve, because this isn't good. He stands up, and we start towards the door.

"Tony"

I look back at Nat, who's crying?

"Kick their greasy asses."

I smile and continue walking with the man my dad loved more than me. He busts down the door, and I hear the distant familiar "They're here!" Trash gorilla and his trusty sidekick Barbie start rushing up the stairs. Mike, she called him, chuckles. "Tomato's right! The famed Iron Man and Captain America! What brings you to my-,"

"Okay greasy ass greaseboy listen up where are they?" I seethed, his face falling. Steve kept his arms crossed in front of him.

"I don't know what-," he chuckled, "what you're talking about!"

Cap goes in and grabs him by the neck along with Barbie, and motions for me to go downstairs. I look around the room. It's your typical stone basement, with chains on the ceiling, blood on the floor and walls. A box in the corner with various weapons, shredded clothes. I spot Wanda almost immediately, her firey hair giving her away. It takes me a minute to spot Brooke, but then I almost shit myself when i see her.

The kid's hanging in a corner on a chain, her head grazing a bucket of water, droplets dripping onto her chin. An exhausted facial expression, the scars from before hardly noticeable with all the new ones and dried blood coating her naked body. She's straining her eyes to look at me, the struggle to keep them open obvious. I wince at the sight of the tattered young girl.

Wanda gestures me towards Brooklyn, and i walk over and undo the chains. I help her stand upright, but she falls. I hold out my hand to her, and she hesitantly grabs it. I quickly wrap it around my shoulders so she doesn't fall as she begins to slip again. The poor girl's shaking so hard it's fucking scary.

I glance up the stairs Cap running down to help, and he undoes the chains keeping Wanda on the wall, then proceeding over to help me keep the small girl steady. Her eyelids flutter, and then she's out, her arm slipping off my shoulder. Steve quickly reaches down, carefully grabbing her shoulders. Wanda slips off her hoodie, putting it on the smaller girl.

I lift her up bridal style, holding her head in my right hand.

When we get back to that main floor, I spot greaseballs lying on the floor, handcuffed. I walk over, stick my foot out, and kick him, hard, in the head.

"That's for Brooklyn."

I walk to his other side and, twice as hard, kick his ass.

"That's cuz Nat told me to."

And I turn, and with that same amount of force I kick him in the head again, and he goes unconscious.

"And that's cuz I felt like it."

And we walk out.

Nat runs up to me, worriedly looking at the wounded Brooke, Clint close in tow looking guilty as shit. Thor, who showed up not long into the wait, takes her from me, heading for the Quinjet, first asking Wanda if she's alright.

"I'm fine, promise. It's her you should be worried about." She replies, gesturing at Brooklyn. He nods, and The Avengers are off. I nudge Nat, and she turns to me.

"Guess what."

"What?" She rolls her eyes sarcastically

I smile. "I kicked his ass for ya."

"Of course you did, you big smart jackass." She grins, her expression quickly fading back to its seriousness for Brooklyn.