Part 3 of Chapter 3

We reached the police station about five minutes later. 

I grabbed the door for Gabbi and Alice and we all went inside.

 The strong scent of whiteout and coffee hit me immediately and it almost made me gag.

 A tall woman with huge lips and poofy blonde hair was sitting behind the front desk when we walked in.  

The moment she spoke, I recognized her voice almost instantly. 

"Hello!!! May I help you kids with anythang?"

 "Hi...Um, I'm Jason Binx and I just recently recieved a call from Officer Jennings ab-"

 "Ohhhh!!! You're that kid from yesterday! Hold on just a minute, kay?"

 Obviously, she was the chick that had answered the call the day before concerning Greg. 

How she had even scored a job here in the first place, I had no idea. 

Maybe it was her giant fake boobs and cheesy 'Feelin' lucky' smile.

 She got up from her desk and quickly waddled to the door across the room.

"I'll go get him now, Hon!"

 After she left, Alice busted out laughing.

"Oh my God!! She is so plastic!!! When she started to walk off, i honestly expected her legs to start making that squeky noise rubber makes when it's rubbed together too hard! And did you see the way she walked in hat outfit!? That skirt was so tight , I swear to God, I could almost see the seams splitting apart!"

 Gabbi and I both laughed.

 "She's just like this Barbie I used to have when I was younger," Gabbi said, " Actually, I think I ripped the head off of it right after my grandma bought it for me."

 We all laughed again, and right at that moment 'Barbie' walked back into the room, followed by a tall middle-aged man, with dull black hair and a graying mustache.

 He seemed like any other stereotypical cop. It even came down to the coffee stained teeth and the deep wrinkles that sank into his face.

 And to add to it, he also had a slight southern accent.

 "Jason Binx! Very glad you could make it! Mind if I have a word with you real quick in my office?"

 I shook my head and smiled.

 "Not at all."

 As I got up to follow him into the back room, Gabbi and Alice stood up, ready to come after me, but Officer Jennings stopped them.

 "Young ladies, I'm going to talk to Mr. Binx for just a moment so please wait here."

The police officer directed me into his office, which consisted of a bleak room that had only a few awards on the walls, and hundreds of loose papers all over the desk and floor.

"Have a seat, Mr. Binx."

 I quickly sat down in one of the uncomfortable lokiung chairs that were positioned across from his desk. Then I settled myself in and waited for him to speak.

 "Son, could you please explain this to me?"

 Officer Jennings slid Greg's video camera towards me then silently waited. 

Before I could answer his question, a thought came to mind.

 "Why have you not cleaned the blood off the camera yet? Won't that mess it up if you don't?"

 Officer Jennings gave me a blank stare.

 "What blood? What're you talking about?" 

I looked into his eyes almost just as puzzled.

 "Greg's blood. On the camera." 

"There've been no traces of blood on that camera since we got it, Mr. Binx!"

 What was going on? Why couldn't he see it!?

Suddenly, a noise interrupted my thoughts. It started out as a low cackle then shifted into words.

 "He can't see it because he doesn't believe. He doesn't believe that you didn't murder Greg. 

Why would he believe a meer child like you?"

 Another cackle racked through my brain.

 That voice sounded so familiar. Like something I had heard once before. 

With sudden dread, I remembered the dream I had last night. 

It was Will Saxton.

"When they can't find his murderer, they'll start to get very suspicious. Start to suspect that maybe...maybe little Binxy did it!!! Then they'd take you away! They'd take you away and send you to the loony bin. They'd take little Binxy aw-"

 I couldn't take it anymore. 

Without thinking, I screamed.

 "Get the fuck out of my head!!!"

 Officer Jennings stood up abruptly.

 "Son, are you alright?"  

There were small traces of anger and worry in his voice that made me feel uneasy.

 "Yeah....I- I'm fine."

I could taste the fear that had started welling up inside of me. 

It tickled the back of my throat and made my dark brown hair stand on end.

Did that really just happen?

Did I really hear Will Saxton's voice in my head?

Was I going insane?

Officer Jennings put his hand on my shoulder.

 "You need a drink of water?"

 I shook my head, then sat back in my seat, and sighed. 

My eyes drifted back to the video camera on Officer Jennings desk, and I noticed that all the blood was gone.

 Had I just imagined the whole thing?

 END OF CHAPTER 3