Part 1 of Chapter 5

I couldn't stop thinking about what Saxton had said.

Even hours later, his cold voice still haunted my thoughts.

After we got back to my house, all I wanted to do was go upstairs and think, but Alice had different plans.

"C'mon, I've never seen it," Alice said, holding up my copy of Nightmare On Elm Street. "The new one sucked and this is on blu ray!!!"

I rolled my eyes.

"Ok, fine, but I'm staying upstairs."

Alice squeled with happiness and plopped down on the couch next to Skylar.

I noticed that they were a little bit closer than before. Maybe he had pulled a move on her in the Massacre Manor.

Hardly a romantic place for that, though.

After the movie started, I headed up to my room quietly, turned on music then plopped down onto my bed.

Since The Black Parade had been in my cd player, 'Disenchanted' immediately began to play as my head hit the pillow.

As the song hit the chorus, I could hear my door open, then softly shut again.

I turned my head and saw Gabbi walking towards me slowly.

"Hey. What's up?"

I looked up at the ceiling.

"Just thinking."

She came over and sat next to me on my bed.

"Thinking about what?"

"Nothing."

She huffed.

"No tell me!"

I sighed, "It's honestly nothing."

Gabbi looked really hurt now.

"Binx, please tell me."

I paused for a moment.

"I think I'm going insane..."

"What do you mean?"

"I keep seeing Will Saxton everywhere I go and I'm starting to hear these voices in my head."

Gabbi looked down at her feet worriedly.

"It could just be coincedence, or your imagination."

I shook my head.

"No, it's not that. Way to real for that," I paused, "Gabbi...do you believe in ghosts?"

Her eyes widened with fear.

"Not entirely....but...when we were in the manor today....I felt this presence....this angry and murderous presence....Binx I was so scared! Absolutely terrified!!"

Suddenly, her face turned red and tears began to slip down her shiny, wet cheeks.

I pulled her close to me then said,

"Oh Gabbi, don't cry. It's ok if you're scared! I'm scared, too. Just please don't cry. I'm here for you alright? I'll always be there for you no matter what. Because, I really care about you, Gabbi, and I want you to be happy!"

I stopped abruptly, slowly closing my eyes, then began to pull Gabbi's head closer towards mine.

Our lips were barely inches apart, when Alice busted into the room.

Gabbi and I quickly pulled away from each other, blushing wildly. Alice didn't notice at all.

"Dude, movies messed up! Come fix it," she said, angrily.

As I passed by her, I muttered 'moment ruiner' under my breath.

I guess she thought I had said something much worse, because she punched me in the arm as hard as she could.

"Geesh! What crawled up your ass!"

"I liked that movie!"

As I was leaving my room, I could see Gabbi getting up off my bed and wiping the tears from her eye, then following behind Alice.

I felt really bad. What if she though that I didn't mean that 'almost kiss'? What would happen then?

Skylar was sitting in the dark room, waiting patiently as we both came down.

"Um, Binx. The movie started skipping and then halfway into a really good part, it just stopped...And Alice totally flipped her shit."

"How can you blame me? I heart Freddy Krueger but of course, Jason's stupid dvd player had to ruin it."

Just like you ruined that moment between me and Gabbi?

I walked over to the tv, ejected the cd from the blu ray player, then wiped it off on my shirt. I put it back in the player and watched as the movie started up again.

"Happy now?"

Alice smiled as she cuddled up to Skylar.

I turned around and started to walk back upstairs.

"hey dude! You gonna watch this with us," Skylar called up to me.

"Nah, I've seen this movie like a dozen times,  so I'm good."

Gabbi was sitting by my door when I walked up and once our eyes met, she looked down in embarasment.

"Gabbi, I'm sorry I did that. I wasn't thinking entirely and I didn't mean to rush anything."

She blushed and then started to smile, " Hey it's ok, I was just pissed that Alice walked in on us."

I laughed.

"Yeah, me too! But I'm sorry if i offended you in anyway. Are we good?"

She nodded, then stood up.

"Of course, Binx."

She hugged me gingerly and at that moment, I wanted nothing more than to just stay in her arms. 

Once Gabbi went back downstairs to watch the movie, I quickly jumped on my laptop and tried to research more on the Massacre Manor.

But almost every site I found, said the same exact thing.

So after about an hour of nothing, I shut off the computer screen in frustration, then headed downstairs to check on my friends.

I don't know if it was just coincedence, but right as I was coming down, the movie was ending.

Alice was sound asleep on Skylar's shoulder and Gabbi was tightly curled up on the love seat, all alone.

Skylar rested Alice's head on the couch's arm rest then walked over to me.

"Yeah, the movie just ended."

I nodded.

"Ok, I'll take it out in just a minute, so.... you and Alice?"

His mouth grew into a huge smile.

"Yeah!"

"Well, good for you," I said, patting him on the back.

"Hey, since both of the chicks are out, I guess we'll have to crash here again."

"Yeah, that's fine but if it doesn't bother you, I'm going to be sleeping upstairs."

Skylar nodded then went back over to the couch Alice was on, and lay down next to her.

"Night dude."

"Night," I replied back.

After I took the movie out of the bluray player and put it back in the case, I walked over to Gabbi, and looked down at her peacefully resting face. She shivered just a little, so I grabbed the blanket from the back of the love seat and covered her up with it.

She smiled softly and pulled it close to her chin, then soundlessly turned towards me.

I held my breath, afraid that Gabbi had woken up, but she was still fast asleep.

I sighed with relief, and before leaving to go upstairs, I leaned forward and gave her a quick peck on the forehead.

"Goodnight, Gabbi."