Part 1 of Chapter 4

Officer Jennings let me go after I answered the rest of his questions.

With relief, I got up from the very uncomfortable chair and was about to open the door when Officer Jennings stopped me.

"Jason... I know it's been pretty hard losing your friend and all but if you need anything. Anything at all, just call me, ok?"

I noded then quietly said 'ok'.

He gave me his card and I looked down at it as it rested gently in my sweaty hands.

It was just a normal business card that had Officer Jennings name (Frank Jennings) and his email and phone number.

I slid the card into my back pocket, shook his hand, then quickly walked out.

Gabbi and Alice were waiting for my by the front desk, so when they saw me walk out they both grabbed their bags and came over.

"How'd it go?" Gabbi asked, as she scooted up beside me.

I gave her 'the look'.

"We'll talk about it later."

I could tell she understood by the look on her face.

"Hey, you guys. I really think we should head back now. It looks like a storm is coming," Alice said a bit nervously.

I peered out the window and couldn't agree with her more. 

The sky was a dark gray blanket of clouds that seemed to hang down and swallow everything in its way.

"Yeah. Well, we can hang at my house, if you guys want."

Gabbi and Alice both nodded so we started to head out. 

As I opened the door, 'Barbie' squeled.

"Tootles you guys!! Hope you come back soon!!!"

I rolled my eyes.

It was a police station, for God's sake, who in the hell would want to 'Come back soon'?

We were all extremely glad to be out of there.

Gabbi and Alice told me that while I was in the back with Officer Jennings, 'Barbie' would not shut up. 

"She kept talking to us about random shit, like puppies and manicures, stuff like that. And right before you came out, she started asking if one of us was your girlfriend. 

Of course, we both said 'no'  but she had to add on," Alice took a deep breath for a second so she could mimic 'Barbies' high and shrilly voice.

"Well that's a shame, 'cause for sixteen, he's pretty damn hawt!!!"

I shuddered. I can't believe that 'Barbie' thought I was hot.

And she's not even my type!

Far from it actually!

"And it was really 'cause when she asked that, Gabbi started blushing like crazy," Alice said, laughing.

Gabbi was blushing again. 

"I was not!"

I laughed too.

"Really? 'Cause your face is bright red now."

Alice poked her, "Why ya blushing, honey? There shouldn't be a reason, unless you liiiike him."

"Nuh-uh! I- I don't." Gabbi was starting to stutter like a mad man.

"Mhmmm. Riiight," Alice said with a smirk.

At that moment, Alice froze completely.

Gabbi and I followed her gaze to a figure that was slowly approaching us. As the figure came closer, I noticed that it was one of my friends, Skylar.

Skylar was wearing his usual baggy Avenged Sevenfold jacket, with black tripp jeans, and beat up converse.  A giant set of head phones pushed back his long black hair and really brought out the distinct features of his face.

Huge dark blue eyes, pale and blemish free skin, jet black snake bites that glittered like jewels, right below his bottom lip. 

In other words, Alice's dream come true.

And I swear to God, I could see drool on the side of her mouth as he walked up. 

Skylar came up, smiled, and pulled his skull candy headphones down around his neck.

"Hey guys!"

Gabbi and I said hi but Alice just stood there silently.

Finally coming back down to Earth, she spit out a quiet hello.

"So what have you guys been up too," he asked.

"Oh we just got back from the police station," Gabbi said, cheerfully.

Gabbi must have thought that Skylar looked confused because she explained to him everything that had happened with Greg.

After a long pause, Skylar put his hand on my shoulder.

"Dude...Wow I'm really sorry. That majorally sucks."

I sort of shrugged off his response.

"it's ok." I stopped talking for a moment, embarassed because I couldn't think of anything else to say. 

Just as I was opening my mouth to speak again, Alice cut me off.

"So do you want to help us figure this thing out? We'll need plenty of help 'cause we're going into the Massacre Manor to look around."

Before I could object, Gabbi added on.

"Yeah! That's a great idea!"

Skylar smiled.

"Well then, I guess I'll help."

Alice let out a small outburst of cheering but was quickly interrupted by Gabbi.

"So who were you listening to," she asked, pointing to his headphones, as we started to walk down the street to my house.

"Oh just the usual. Motley Crue, Iron Maiden, My Chem."

When he said 'My Chem', I could already tell by Gabbi's dreamy expression that she was thinking of the band's lead singer, Gerard Way.

"Hehe that's awesome," Alice said, giggling slightly. 

 A few minutes later, we reached my house and just as we did, it started to rain. 

Skylar pulled his hood up and began walking off but I quickly called out to him.

"Hey! You can stay here until the rain let's up!"

"Really," he called back.

I nodded.

Her ran to my porch and the very moment we got inside, the sky opened up and all hell broke loose.

"Damn! I'm really glad that I didn't stay out there," Skylar huffed.

I laughed. " Yeah tell me about it."

Gabbi and Alice had run up to my room and were most likely messing with my cds and manga collection.

God, my Bleach and Death Note books were probably everywhere by now. 

I sighed.

"Well, make yourself at home. Oh and by the way, don't tell the girls but theres some left over Little Caesar's in the fridge. We don't want them to hog it all!"

We both started to laugh, then he smiled.

"Thanks man."

"Don't mention it."

And with that, we both tiptoed up the stairs, then busted into my room, probably scaring the living bejeezus out of Gabbi and Alice.