Part 3 of Chapter 5

I carried my stack of books to Jillian's check-out desk and handed them to her, with a smile.

"So you want to check out...March Story, The Shining, and...Protection Against Spirits and Other Supernatural Beings? What's that one for?"

"Oh. just research."

She gave me an ' I hardly doubt that' look.

"Uh-huh. You sure do a lot of research. And school hasn't even started back yet. Isn't it your summer vacation?"

"Yeah, but it's almost over," I said as she handed me all the books back.

"Oh, well good luck and I hope you find what you're looking for."

I smiled.

"Thanks Jill! See you later!"

As I was hunching over to put all my books in my backpack, I caught a glimpse of a shadow by the library door.

When I looked up to see what it was, I nearly dropped my jaw in shock.

It was the creep in the trench coat!

"Hey! You're that guy who keeps following me," I said, as I dropped my backpack and ran towards the door.

As soon as my hand touched the handle, 'Creeper' turned around and started running.

"Hey! Wait a minute! What in the hell do you want from me!? Stop!"

But of course, he didn't stop.

As he turned the corner up ahead, I noticed that a small and shiny object had fallen from his pocket.

I quickly ran to grab it.

It was a cd.

The first thing I noticed when I picked the cd up, was that a small piece of tape covered the top.

To my surprise, it had  today's date written on it.

Could this mean anything?

As I walked back up the stairs to the library, I gently slid the cd into my pocket, then stepped in.

Jillian was looking at me with wide eyes filled with fear.

"What in the hell was that all about!? Oh sorry, pardon my French! But why did you just up and run out like a complete lunatic!?"

I didn't want to tell her that this guy was stalking me, but obviously, she had been so engrossed in her copy of 'Beautiful Creatures', that I don'y even think she noticed he was there.

"I thought I saw something, but it turned out to be nothing."

She shook her head.

"Jason...please be careful. You're really starting to worry me."

I looked at her, then swung the backpack over my shoulder.

"Yeah."

Without one more word, I left, then started to head home.

While walking, I pulled out the small spell book from my backpack and began to flip through it stopping when I had found an interesting page.

At that moment, my phone started ringing so I quickly put the book back up, and answered it.

It was my mom. 

"Hello," I asked, timidly.

"I'll be home later tonight."

That was all she said before rudely hanging up.

I sighed, then slid my phone back into my pocket angrily.

Why couldn't I have a mother that actually cared?

By the time I got home, it was already 3 o' clock and the sky was nearly black. The forecast hadn't called for rain, but it had poured almost everyday this week. Weird...

I unlocked the front door, then let myself in.

The air was stale and reeked of the popcorn Alice had popped last night.

I had always hated popcorn so just the smell made me want to gag.

The house was dark, so I flipped on one of the lamps in the living room, then headed upstairs.

When I opened my door, a rush of cool air smashed right into my face and nearly made me yelp.       It turns out that when I had left this morning, I had forgotten to close my window on the way out.

So after laying the backpack down on my bed, I went over and closed the window, then turned my stereo on.

Sixx.A.M's 'Lies of the Beautiful People' began to play.

As I pulled out my computer and turned it on, I sang along to the catchy chorus.

With my computer on, I took it over to my bed, then picked up the dvd that 'Creeper' had dropped, and popped it into the side cd slot.

It took a second to load, but the first thing I noticed when the movie screen popped up, was the heavy breathing and sobbing that echoed in the background. 

A distorted, monotone voice, that I could barely understand began to speak, and the moment I heard what they said, my blood almost froze solid.

"jason...He wanted me to make this video... so you would come...He's been torturing me for the past couple days...and...and I can't take much more. He says that if you want me back alive, that you guys have to...have to...co- BINX!!! DON'T DO IT! IT'S A TRA-!" 

The voice was cut off by a sharp thud, and a low moan.

The video ended right after.

As I frantically dialed Gabbi's number into my phone, my mind only seemed to be able to process one thing.

Greg was still alive.

END OF CHAPTER 5