Part 3 of Chapter 4

The next morning, Skylar and I woke to the steady sound of the doorbell ringing.

Since Skylar wouldn't get up, I groaned and quickly ran downstairs to answer the door.  

I nearly fell when I slid on the cold tiled floor, coming down.

As I opened the door, Gabbi and Alice were already pushing in. 

"Dude! We called you like half an hour ago to tell you we were on our way," Alice said furiously.

"Sorry, I guess I didn't get your call."

Gabbi sighed softly, then smiled.

"Well anyway, are you guys ready to go?"

I looked down atr my loose fitting Led Zeppelin shirt, ripped to shit jeans, and the worn out socks on my feet.

"Well, I am, but Skylar is probably still getting ready."

Just as I said that, Skylar came downstairs rubbing his eyes, as his messy black hair stuck out all over his head. I noticed that he was wearing the same clothes he had on yesterday. I felt sort of guilty because I could have given him some of my clothes but they probably would have been to big on him anyway.

Skylar's face got sort of red when he saw Alice, so I coughed loudly to break the awkwardness .

"So, we're going now," I asked.

Gabbi nodded.

"Did you guys grab some supplies?" 

Gabbi nodded again, "We have flashlights, walkie talkies, cell phones, and a couple of notepads just in case." Alice cut her off.

"Just in case of what? We need to draw a picture of the body," she said, sarcastically.

Gabbi wasn't even listening.

"We're going to carry it all in a backpack so Binx, could you go grab that old bag you have upstairs?" 

I huffed.

"Fine." I trudged up the stairs and quickly ran to grab the backpack that I had laying on the floor next to my bed. After turning it over and emptying all the contents out, I swung it over my shoulder, grabbed my converse, then hurried downstairs. 

Everyone was waiting for me, as I reached the last step.

Gabbi handed me all of the supplies and I quickly stuffed them into my bag, then I opened the door and we were off.

By the time we got to the Massacre Manor, a light drizzle had already broken from the sky. I opened the rod iron gates out front and we all stepped through.

The huge manor loomed in front of us. It's rotted and wooden structure, overgrown yard, and smashed windows brought out the creepiness of the place.

I began to tremble as we got closer to the front door. I could feel the evil that was radiating out in waves wash over my face, and all I wanted to do at that moment, was just turn around and hightail it out of there as quickly as possible.

But I knew that I couldn't. We had to look for clues about Greg... So i just closed my eyes tightly then stepped forward and pushed the manor's front door open.

It creaked loudly and sharply as if someone had stuck a bird between the hinges.

When I opened my eyes, I could see Gabbi flinching.

"God, I never imagined having to actually go in there," she said nervously. 

"You don't have to, if you don't want to."