Part 3 of Chapter 2

Later on that night, as sleep slowly started to consume my restless body, I had a dream. I was lost somewhere in the Massacre Manor, wandering around aimlessly, trying to find my way out. Every door that I found that looked like the exit, was locked. As I made my way down one of the many winding hallways, I came to another door that was barely cracked open. I  placed my hand on the doorknob and slowly began to pull. Before it was even half way open, a heavy object fell against the door and it came back then smacked me in the head. I could barely see in the dimly lit halls but as I bent down to get a better look at the object on the floor, I nearly screamed. In complete terror, I realized that it was Greg's mutilated body, all bashed up and bloody, smiling at me with frozen fear.  Quietly whimpering, I pressed myself up against the wall, closing my eyes and praying that I would wake soon. Just as I thought things were getting better, I opened my eyes back up and Saxton's dead face hung in front of mine. That time, I did scream, and it woke me up instantly.

 The next  day, as I made my breakfest tiredly ( I hadn't gone back to sleep the rest of the night). I heard the door bell ring, followed by a few light knocks. I set the box of Fruity Pebbles that I had in my hand down, then ran to grab the it. Standing in my doorway was Gabbi, and her red-headed rocker friend, Alice.

                "Hey Guys! What's up?" Instead of answering, Gabbi sighed.

"Binx, dude. You look like complete shit." I tried not to laugh.

" That's funny, cause I feel like complete shit, too." Gabbi giggled but Alice just gave me a deathly cold stare. She never really liked me all that much. Not since I cut off her ponytail in the 5th grade. Everyone else thought it was hilarious. Everyone except for Alice. But in all honesty, I had thought she looked better with short hair.  It had been nearly five years since that happened and she still hadn't forgiven me. 

                "So, you here by yourself again," Gabbi asked. I look down at my feet quickly.

".... Yeah. Me and my mom got into another fight last night, and she's been gone since then."      Gabbi sort of nodded, as if she was trying to take it all in, then a chilly breeze blew into the house and they both shivered.

"Uh, would you guys like to come in?" Alice zipped her Black Veil Brides jacket up and smirked, "Yeah, that would be very kind of you to invite us into your humble abode."

          They both walked in and as Alice lazily plopped down onto my couch in the other room, Gabbi held me back. 

"May I ask what you guys were fighting about last night?" It was like she already knew in a way, and just wanted to hear it out loud to truly believe it. So I breathed out slowly, then told her.

" My mom called you a whore. So I got pissed and went off on her, then she slapped me." Gabbi looked up into my eyes.

"Awww, are you ok? And you honestly didn't have to stand up fo me like that. Trust me, I've been called much worse. 'Whore' is just another name in my little black book."  I smiled.

" Yes, I'm fine and I know, it's just that you're my friend, and I stand up for my friends."

A hard lump began to form in my throat after I said that. Yeah, all my friends except for Greg.

                   "Hey! You losers going to just keep standing there or come in here?" Alice was standing at the doorway of the living room looking at us, with a wry smile on her face. Gabbi playfully flipped her off, then we both followed her back into the living room. After I fixed myself a bowl of cereal (Gabbi and Alice weren't hungry), I joined the two girls by the couch and we began to talk. 

                   "I told Alice all about what happened, and she wants to help too."

Gabbi said. Alice attempted to give me a sympathetic look but totally failed and just ended up scowling, like she normally does.

I shook my head.

"No, it's to dangerous! For either of you!" Alice huffed.

"Oh so you think I'm not brave enough, just cause I'm a girl!?" I rolled my eyes irratibly.

"No, that's not what I'm saying! And even if you were a guy, it would still be too dangerous."

"Then what about you? Like hell I'd let you go in there alone," Gabbi said, suddenly angry.

"I'll be fine..." Gabbi eyed me closely. " I don't trust that for one minute. You need help and like I said before, we're not letting you get into this alone." I opened my mouth to protest, but right at that moment, the garage door groaned open, and with horror, I realized that my mom had come home.

END OF CHAPTER 2