Part 1 of Chapter 2

As I walked down the driveway, a cold breeze shot past me and I shivered, suddenly remebering that i had left my AC/DC jacket inside. I gritted my teeth and kept on going. I was almost at the stop sign and just as I turned the corner, my little goth friend, Gabbi, ran up exciteldy.

" Hey Jason!! Whatcha doing?"

"Gabbi, I already told you! It's Binx! Not Jason," I snapped at her. "Fine," she playfully stuck her pierced tongue out at me, "Hey Binx!" She said my name like it was some sort of inside joke that only we knew. I growled then turned around and started to walk back towards my house.

"Hey, wait up!" She ran after me as fast as her short legs and beat up old converse could take her. "Damnit! I really don't have time for this, Gabbi," I tried walking faster but she somehow caught up with me again. I geuss I was just really slow...

"What's  wrong?" I stopped so abruptly that she ran straight into my back. I huffed slightly and tried to hold back tears.

    "Greg was....murdered."

     "Shit! What happened!? How do you know this?!"

     "He was beaten to death....I saw it happen....on his video camera... but now that the video tape has gone missing, none of the cops believe me." She looked me sqaure in the eyes.

" I believe you." She opened her arms and pulled me in for a hug, and suprisingly enough, I didn't stop her. To the neighbors across the street, it probably looked really weird though, since I was so tall and she was so short. Haha it made me feel like a pedobear in a way, even though we were around the same age.

         After we broke apart, we both walked down the street silently, not reallly having anything more to say.

  Gabbi was the first to break the silence as we passed the Massacre Manor. She shivered a little and sort of pulled her black parade jacket closer to her chest.

"Damn, that house has always given me the creeps! How the hell could you and him even think of going in there!?" I felt really small after she said that. Greg had been right. It had been my idea to go in there... and  if I'd have chosen someplace else, he might still be alive. Gabbi looked up at me, as if expecting an answer, but when I didn't say anything, she hung her head back down. Finally, as I sucked in a giant breath of air, I spoke, "Y'know...that's where it happened...."

               "God, Binx! I'm really sorry abou-" I cut her off abruptly.

"Oh! Your sorry!? Your sorry that I saw my best friend get killed!? Your sorry that no one believes me, because the god damn tape is blank!? Honestly Gabbi!? 'I'm sorry' can't raise the fucking dead!!! So hold your breath!!" I could have just slapped her across the face and it might have had  the same effect. Fuck. "Man, I didn't mean to blow up like that...it's just, I'm tired of people being sorry...it's not like sorry can fix anything, though..." She nodded, then quietly whispered, "Yeah, I understand."

               After a few minutes of silence, Gabbi looked at me, then asked, " So how are you going to prove that he was murdered, " she coughed, " I mean, if he's dead and whatnot." The idea didn't hit me until a few moments later and when it did, I groaned. With a gulp, I told her the idea and I knew, deep down inside, that I would probably regret it later.

"We'll have to go back into the house and search for his body...if it's still even there."

"But what if we run into the murdere while searching for him. I paused for a second, " Then we'll just have to killl him...before he kills one of us.