38- Worry

Akira

It was a half day at school today since we got our results and information on the training camp. I was busy trying to calm down Mina before homeroom. She hugged me and wailed, shaking me by the shoulders.

"Everyone... I'm looking forward to hearing your stories from the training camp..." She sobbed. Mina, Sato, Kirishima, Denki and Sero had failed the exams and hence wouldn't be joining us at the camp.

"Min, please calm down." I sighed, patting her back.

"Yeah, we don't know for sure yet! There might be a last-minute twist!" Midoriya added behind me.

"You'll jinx it, Midoriya." Sero sighed. Kaminari poked Midoriya in the eyes, wailing about how we wouldn't understand since we passed the practical exams.

Luckily, Aizawa sensei entered the classroom before Kaminari could continue with his tantrum. We returned to our seats, and I watched Mina sulk as she sat right in front of me.

"Unfortunately, there are those who didn't pass the final exams," Aizawa sensei said, shuffling some papers. "Accordingly, for the training camp in the woods... everyone's going!" Aizawa sensei grinned with his teeth on display. It was a sheepish grin, and his scruffy appearance made it downright funny.

"A last-minute twist!" The failing students cried

"The training camp in the woods is one to increase strength. So those who failed need it the most. They have to get stronger." Aizawa sensei grinned his sheepish grin again. "It was rational falsehood!"

While everyone cheered, Iida shook with anger in his chair. The failures would be given extra lessons that Aizawa sensei mentioned were much more difficult than staying at school. We were handed guide booklets, so we knew what to bring. I was sitting on Bakugo's desk, flipping through the pages and stopping on the section that had items we needed to bring with us.

"You excited, firecracker?" I asked, not looking away from my booklet. Bakugo didn't reply. When I looked down at him, I found his eyes lazing on my thighs, a blush dusting his cheeks. I rolled up the booklet and hit his head.

"O-ow!" Bakugo yelled, coming back to earth. "What was that for?!"

"Like my thighs?" I teased, lowering my voice so that our classmates wouldn't listen.

"What the fuck?! You're the one who decided to sit on my damn desk!" He looked away, furiously reddening. I chuckled at his reaction and returned to the booklet.

"You got everything you need?" I asked.

"Yeah." He mumbled.

"I need mosquito repellent and sunscreen. Oh, and something warm for the night..." I started listing items, ticking them off on my fingers.

"Since we finished our exams, and we're going tomorrow, how about we go shopping together?!" Hakagure suggested.

"Oh, good idea!" Kaminari beamed.