Chapter 31: Are You A Cutie?

The mecha maintenance room.

Yan Hao was stepping on a ladder, checking the wiring on the arm of a five-meter-tall mech. He held a drawing in his hand, occasionally looking down to make a few notes. At the other end of the inspection room, He Shao was making a level 5 energy block.

Learning how to make a level 5 energy block was one of the final exams of the Mecha Manufacturing Department this semester. In fact, under the supervision of Yan Hao, He Shao was already able to master the production of level 5 Energy Blocks, but Professor Qin seemed to think highly of He Shao and gave him a separate test difficulty, requiring him to produce a Level 5 Energy Block with more than 75% efficiency in order pass, which made He Shao very depressed.

"73.22%, ah~~" He Shao stared at the value displayed in the tester and wished he could bury his head in the ground, "The fifth block, the fifth block, why can't I pass 73%."

Yan Hao, who was disturbed, turned around helplessly and said with a smile, "I told you, your spiritual power is not refined enough when channeling energy."

"How much more refined does it need to be? No matter how precise I am, I'm not precise enough." He had been making level 5 energy blocks and channeling energy all morning, and now it felt like his brain was about to explode, "Hao, you used to make so many energy blocks. Why didn't I see you have a headache."

"Maybe I have better control over my spiritual power than you."

"Please remove "maybe," thank you." He Shao was so abused that he started making conspiracy theories, "So many people are in the class, but I'm the only one specifically required to have more than 75% efficiency. Is it because Professor Qin is deliberately targeting me?"

"I don't think he's targeting you. He should be training you on purpose." Yan Hao said.

"The so-called intentional training is targeting me in the name of love." He Shao said.

"Your level 5 energy formula is very good. You can calculate tens of thousands of unstable points in fifteen minutes. With your calculation ability, it is not difficult for you to make a level 5 energy block with 60% or more efficiency." Yan Hao said.

"That's why I said that Professor Qin targeted me. Otherwise, I would've been safe for the final exam, so I would not have to practice hard now."

Seeing He Shao's look of bitterness and hatred, Yan Hao pondered for a moment and then suddenly said, "He Shao, Professor Qin's request may have something to do with me. If you want to, we won't live together next semester"

With a bang, the energy block in He Shao's hand fell down and almost hit his foot: "Yan Hao, what are you talking about?"

"Your spiritual power is actually not worse than the other students in the class, but your mastery of the level 5 energy formula is the best in the class except for me."

"That's because you often give me extra lessons." Yan Hao's mathematical talent was the best He Shao had ever seen, and he had learned many formulas that the teacher had not yet taught. Therefore, every time after the teacher finished his lecture, in private, Yan Hao would also give him one-on-one tutoring. He would even teach him how to regularly calculate the unstable points in the process of making energy blocks.

"It's because I often gave you extra lessons. Professor Qin knew that you learned the energy formula better than the other students in the class, so he requires more from you regarding spiritual power." Yan Hao blamed himself, his small face full of frustration, "In that case, it was actually me who caused you to be targeted. It's all my fault. He Shao, I will apply for a single dorm next semester, so that Professor Qin should not target you anymore."